cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Several Systems on One host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

is it possible to install several Systems (both central instance and database instance +j2ee engine run on the same host) on ONE host?

If i want to install the ECC i must install the sap solution manager.

Is it possible to install this system on the same host on which i want to install the ECC?

I guess i will then have an MCOD System, which means that the solution manager and the ECC will reside in the same database or am i wrong?

Message was edited by: Gideon Lenz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is very good possible. You can either use MCOD or install two seperate databases.

For MSSQL - use named instances

For Oracle - you will need to "tweak" the listener

Good luck,

Pascal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We installed Database and CI on server A and server B for ECC.Installing again Database instance with seperate oracle software and CI for BW on seever A

for database and server B for CI.I am having problem

when using oracle client software. I did not choose to extract oracle client software for BW -CI in my first attempt since it will over write existing oracle client software in CI for ECC. if choose to extract when installing CI for BW CI for ECC breaks - which i did when installing CI again for BW. Since during my first install CI for BW could not talk to DB for BW.

pLEASE HELP.Please provide your email address.

sARAVANAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to "tweak" the listener For Oracle?

I had probem, afteer installing ECC, Solution manager's work process dies as no database connection. ECC works fine. i.e. Latest installation works.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible, provided that the System ID and the System numbers are unqiue the major problem will of course be hardware and performance then.