cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order entry performance - acceptable values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

our users are complaining about poor performance when entering sales orders, especially when running a simulation/the ATP check.

Example value: 240 seconds for an order with 390 line items

We're unable to evaluate what an expectable or standard response time for the simulation/ATP check is. We do understand that this is highly customer, customizing and programming dependant (user exits).

Before I start an in depth performance analysis with tracing and review of all user exits I'd like to know what response times would be acceptable and what's common in an average system. I want to avoid that I'm wasting my time in looking for things that cannot be further improved (or improved to an degree that makes the user happy again)

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friend,

It's mainly an issue related to performance. And it's true that it's taking so long time. And if they usually release a sales order with hundreds of line items. It’s better to go for performance test which will get you the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the kind of data that you are talking about in sales order 400 lines..it would normally be about 10-13 secs or lesser than that if the indexing and the code is optimised at the user exit level.

Sometime because of the indexing and lot of issues with the user exits it takes time

Hope it helps.