cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I m trying to implement the scenario in which i m using 2 XI server ..

Can anyone tell me how to connect XI to XI

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anushree,

XI to XI scenarios:

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/01/18/xi-content-certification-in-a-b2b-scenario--case-study

/people/alwin.vandeput2/blog/2006/06/07/d-xie-soap-part-4-xi-software-component-architecture-for-point-to-point-scenarios

/people/yomeshp.sharma/blog/2006/06/01/integrating-jdedwards-system-with-xi-using-iway-adapter-part--i

/people/yomeshp.sharma/blog/2006/06/01/integrating-jdedwards-system-with-xi-using-iway-adapter-part--ii

With Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, there are certain things which are very specific to Industry standard adapters like CIDX and PIDX.

For example if you are implementing order to cash scenario then there will be process codes for that bussiness scenario for CIDX so I guess you will get the configuration docs and installation material when you get one of these industry standard adapters for your bussness scenario.

thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

You have to create to scenarios in two XI servers you are using,

For each of this would be like

1.sender->XIA->XIB

2.XIA->XIB->Receiver.

Do other configurations accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Akshay Jamgaonkar.

• dont forget to give reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all make your scenario very clear where we need to communicate between 2 different middlewares.

If you want to communicate 2 different XI servers, the scenario may look like this.

there would be 2 diffrent organizations want to exchange some data between their 2 middlewares(XI).

1. Supplier A is using XI in his land scape.

2. Customer B is using XI in his land scape.

Suppiler Middleware sending some message(CIDX) and Customer middleware will be receiving that message and process it and then sends back the response to Supplier middleware.

for these kind of communication we use B2B adapters like CIDX, PIDX etc.

does this make sense?

thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thnx for reply..

ya the scenario is more or less similar as u have describe..

as u told i need to use CIDX ,PIDX adapters..but for these adpaters is there any configuration needed .. i guess there must be some configuration required..

Can u xplain me in detail..

Thanks

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly is it a B2B scenario ?

Still you can have a look at the following it will give an overview how to connect 2 xi servers. As suggested you need to use XI adapter there is no other way out.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/01/d9d43fb9490c65e10000000a114b1d/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/da/7a2f41b239a831e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Xi adpater for connecting two XI system.

Create Business system in one XI(A) for other the other XI(B), similary create Bussiness system in another XI(B) fro XI(A) in SLD.

Scenario will look like this way..

Sender1 > XI(A)> XI(B)

XI(A)>XI(B)>Receiver.

With Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the xi adapter to connect XI with another Xi system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/f4/0a1640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

use XI adapter for that

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But why do you want to use 2 XI servers?

Regards,

Kumar