Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock entry deleted manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

IN todays checklist (SM21) I got the error

Lock entry deleted manually:VBRK E

and in the description I got the message Lock entry has been manually deleted using TC SM12.

How can I check which locked entries were deleted.

And if found what can be done to restore it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Lock entry is visible when SAP application wants to update that record in database.

If the lock is active and anyone abruptly deleted the lock then an update job must had failed which must be visible in SM13.. And it it is a background job then it must had been cancelled.

Else you can check from trace files of the wp, to check further more details..

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Parvez,

Locking is done by enqueue service when multiple queries are on same database object. If these lock entries are staying there for more than 24 hours you are recommeneded to unlock them using SM12 t-code.

The SM21 shows that your system system had a lock on VBRK E and one of your Basis colleague has unlocked the object so that other users can access.

This process automatically happens in normal scenario when one user completes his task the object is unlocked and other users will be able to access this.

It works in Firt In First Out manner when it comes to locking an Object.

When it happens automatically system will not log it but when you manullay unlock it using SM12 it will log.

I hope this helps you in understanding how locking works in SAP.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parvez,

This data can not be found now and neither should it be restored as such. Lock will happen if you access an object in change mode automatically.

Regards.

Ruchit.