cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM main item not getting copied in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl help me on this issue

while creating the sales order, when i entered the item which is a BOM item, i got a screen dump for availability control and an information message saying "Delivery group 001: Item 000010 cont no confirmed schedule lines". Later i was able to save the order and create the delivery which did not contain the main item. While creating the billing document, It throws an error saying, no billing documents were generated.

As only the subitems are in the delivery, and since the subitems are not relevant for billing, iam not able to generate the invoice.

Can somebody help me in this issue, Delivery group 001: Item 000010 cont no confirmed schedule lines.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

srikanth pl check in the main items item category at VOV7 if its marked as shcedule lines allowed. Its required to create a delivery.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the item category of the sub items if pricing is at header level the it will be TAE. In VOV7 select 'TAE' in bill of material / configuration section there is a field called as 'create delivery group.' In this there are three options:

Blank Do not form delivery groups.

X form delivery group with one delivery date

A Delivery group with correlated schedule lines.

<b>Delivery Group:</b>

Indicates whether sub-items that belong to a main item, and which resulted from a BOM explosion, are to be combined in a delivery group.

<b>Use</b>

You use a delivery group to determine a common delivery date for all the items that it contains. If you double the quantity ordered for the main item, then the order quantity for the sub-item will also be doubled.

Indicator X means that a delivery date is created for the delivery group. The system uses the last date (chronologically) of an item in this group to create the schedule line date.

Indicator A means that the system generates correlated schedule lines. If no complete delivery is required, as soon as all the items in a bill of material are available, the system creates a correlated schedule line. On the first date, when all items in a bill of material are available, a confirmed quantity is issued.

So if out of the elivery group if 1 material is not confirmed then the problem will come in delivery.

In your case item 10 which belongs to a delivery group is not confirmed because of no schedule line. Unles and until all the items are confirmed in the delivery group then the main item will be seen in the delivery screen.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

KINDLY CHECK MATERIAL AVAILABILTITY IN YOUR SALES ORDER AND CHECK WHETHER THE SELECTION DATE OF YOUR DELIVERY DOCUMENT IS EQUAL TO MATERIAL AVAILABLITY DATE. U CAN CHECK THRU VA02.

AFTER GOING THRU, JUZ PICK THE QUANTITY IN THE DELIVERY DOCUMENT, THE ERROR WHICH U R GETTING WONT COME AGAIN.

REWARD POINTS IF IT IS USEFUL.

REGARDS

KR

Former Member
0 Kudos

welll in order to avoid this problem check the item category settings for u r main item (vov7) standard TAQ

in that u have a setting called delivery group just remove it or leave it blank...

delevery group : this field is used to process a collective delivery whicle doing a sub item level processing ..if u want all the sub items to be deliverd once than u use this feild. so that all the sub items are celvierd at once .

hope this helps bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

kiran,

i have a question for you. If you remove the delivery grouping, do you mean to say you will delivery part of the BOM to customer.

means, for a computer you want to deliver a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speaker without a CPU.

I guess we need delivery groups to avoid such situtations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not seeing delivery group in vov7, could you tell me where exactly it comes.

Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Field "Create Delivery group" is the one which is being talked here

Reward points

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The create delivery group field is blank and schedule lines allowed field is checked in the item category as well. But the same problem is continuing. When i checked for the stocks, the main item stock says 0, but the subitem stocks are available. Whether the problem is becaus of this?? or can somebody tell me where is the control for availability check??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sri,

It's due to unavailability of material. Post it thru MB1C.

Regards

SD