Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant

ipsit_mohapatra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SD, we'r assigning 'Plant' to the combinations of Sales Org and Dist Channel. Can anybody say what is the logic behind this. Help me

Regards

Ipsit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ipsit,

The combination is assigned to a particular plant because not all modes of distribution is possible from a plant. Eg) I could have 2 plants and customer can take a direct delivery (pickup) from only one of the plant.

Also we need to say which sales orgn is responsible for using the stock in a particular plant. Eg) I could have 2 sales orgn, one for western and the other for the eastern region. In real time it could be that the western sales orgn does not have access to the eastern region's plants.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

excuse me, we are not assigning plant to sales organisation combination.

we will be assigning the sales organisation combination to the plant. why b'coz how sales organisation recognise that the goods are produced and kept it in the storage location.

in plant, the various organisational elements are interlinked. like storage location, shipping point, loading point,etc.,

with out these elements, it will not be able to process the business in the organisation, that's why we are assigning S.org combination to the plant.

i hope u get the point.

reward points if it is useful

regards

KR

Former Member
0 Kudos

well ravindra in that case for intercomany process u would be assinging ur plant to sales area ....

so it doesnt matter in whcih way u assing but the link is rather more important ...ok

sales org + dst chanel + plant ,

is many to many to many ................so no issues if that is assingged to this or this is assinged to that .

b ye

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

lets say there are two plants P1 and P2. Now i have a sales org S001 and disc. chan WH( wholesale ) and Re( Retail) and division DV.

I mark it as

S001 + WH -

> P1

S001 + WH -

> P2

S001 + RE -

> P2.

In this case i will be able to sell Plant P1 products only through wholesale and not retail. Where Plant P2 products i can sell both whole sale and retail.

this is idea to distinguish what can be sold through a plant based on Sales org and dist channel.

thanks

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

well when yuo are assinging a plant to a combination of sales org & distribution channel that means u are allowing the plant to acess ur sales line.

now u have one sales org and 4 distribution channels ......

ok in this case le us assume retail , bulkbuyer, internetsales as ur distribution channel

then u can allot each seperate channel different plants and can direct them to buy from that particular plant only.

as distrubiton channel is customer specific it is commonsense to allocate plants on that categorising insted to dvision which is material specific...whcih can be produced in any plants ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Use this step to assign any number of plants to a combination of sales organization and distribution channel. A plant can be assigned more than once.

Requirements

You define the combination of sales organizations and distribution channels in IMG activity "Assign distribution channels - sales organizations". These combinations are then automatically proposed as defaults for maintenance.