Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Divisions

ipsit_mohapatra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

How is the division is related with company code in organizational structure? And also if I want a report from a particular 'division', what should I do, plz suggest.

Thanks in advance

ipsit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

division is basically a product line of the company.

EX: pharma industry.

They will have 3 divisions like

a. insulin is one product line

b. injections is one product line.

c. tablets and syrups is one product line

in every product line the client will have n number of medicines, it does not count for us. we will make configuration like this. they will create the material according to their product line to identify their business processes.

ex: if the client says for insulin kind of product, we cannot keep it the storage location for long in the premises, it has to get dispatch immediately as and when it is produced, so we will suggesting the client interms of shipping point to be maintained separately for kind of divisions.

basically , we will assign the divisions directly to the company code. it is indirectly connected wit, b'coz for account purpose.

the combination of three S.orgD.chDiv = sales area. these three together only the revenue will generate. so that we will be assigning the division to s.org not companycode. but the s.org will be assigning to the company code, it is inter linked.

i hope ur problem will solved.

reward points if it is useful.

regards

KR

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Product groups, i.e. divisions, can be defined for a wide-ranging spectrum of products.

you can define a division-specific sales organization

For every division you can make customer-specific agreements on, for example, partial deliveries, pricing and terms of payment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The division is more like a product division. It allows you to group your business under different divisions based on which you do your business. It is connected to your company code thro' sales organisation.

Try using MC+2 report, might help you in getting the details required by you.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

division is a product group which the company sells. there can be many divisons like that in company. LIke an automobile comp can have

2 wheeler sales

spares

service

accessories

etc. Divisions are created under a sales org which is assigned to company code.

Thanks

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

welll a divisio i s assinged to a company code through a sale s organizzation ...

exactly in wht context u want to extract a report based on division....depends.