Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space b/w two global defnition variables in text node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

At the end of my smartform I have to print

FirstName LastName(space between first and lastnames)

In the text node I have called &FIRSTNAME& &LASTNAME&(space in between two vars.). When I save the smartform the space between them is lost(&FIRSTNAME&&LASTNAME)

Also it is printing without space in the output of the smartform.For ex it prints TomHanks (without space).

Can anyone suggest me how i can maintain the space between two variables here.

Thanks,

Viswas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwas,

Try to give space one more time in the sap script editor .Generally it works

If it is not working than you can also use the concept of tabs . In your smartstyle in your paragraph format in the third tab you can define the tab spacing and can use &firstname&,,&lastname&

or you can also do that create a program line before calling your text element and in that concatenate firstname and lastname separated by space into a variable and than use that variable in your text element,and also if you are using the program lines than must give your variable name and firstname and lastname variable in the import and export parameter of the program lines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jatil,

I tried so many times in the SAP script editor before posting the question. It didn't work.

I used Tabs concept and it worked.

Thanks Again and Rewarded Points.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Give like this:

&FIRSTNAME& &SPACE& &LASTNAME&

<b>Reward if Helpful</b>

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto the text node and you will see a pencil button(something similar to change), click on it this will change the editor. give space between &FIRSTNAME& &LASTNAME& save and activate it. Now you can see it in your output.

Close the thread if your question is answered. Don't forget to reward points to all useful answers.

Regards,

Sairam