cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post installation for XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done the post installation of SLD using J2ee_admin user with the help of <i>System Landscape Directory of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Document Version 1.00 – June 2007 document.</i> i was not able to view the Administration page when i logged in with DDIC user for which i had assigned LcrAdministration role. So, i continued with J2ee_admin user for the rest of the post installation of SLD.

Is this ok or will it create problems in future?

After SLD Configuration, what is the next step.... Please suggest....

Thanks & Regards,

Madhukar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are doing the Post insatllation for XI 7.0, then you can do the post configuration automatically.

use url :

http://<servername>:<java port>/

Then click on <b>SAP NetWeaver Administrator</b> and login with J2ee_admin.

At the top there will be <b>deploy and change </b>, click on that, after that in the right side there will be one dropdown choose NWA from that and then in the left side choose templates one by one and execute.

After completeing these steps now choose PI from the right side dropdown and again follow the same procedure.

After executing all the templates yr Post installation steps will complete

for any help feel free to ask

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I went to http:/<server>:port/nwa and executed the nwa templates. When i tried to execute PI templates, the system got hanged....then i restarted the server.... it took me close to one hour for the J2ee engine to start.... is there any problem....

If there aren't any problems, what is the next step to do.....

Please suggest....

Thanks & Regards,

Madhukar

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just execute <b>PIPOSTINSTALATION template</b>( i.e First One), it will automatically complete all the steps for post insatllation.

It is not the Server problem, some time it happens.

When you complete this step then search a file <b>XI7_0_SAP_BASIS_7.00_09_00.tpz</b> in yr installion files ( or use *.tpz) for searching.

Put this folder in D:\usr\sap\PI1\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\import

Then import this file in Integration Repository choosing Import Design Objetcs in Tools.

regrads

Vikas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

with J2ee_admin u cannot do all the operations because u have to create a user in sap system u have to assign the roles for that user where as for j2ee_admin u cannot assgin roles , even later on stages u will get problems with the j2ee_admin.

Reward if useful.

Srinivas.D