cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Pointer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Champs

Consider that a designer creates Design Document for project and saves it as DIR in SAP

same document also need to be part of technical file

Here design doesn't want to create new document for same

what he needs under SAP is

1) Giving pointer options of Document or DIR in other Document folder or DIR

2) Direct loading of DIR link in particular folder or DIR

I don't know whether this particular activity is possible or not under SAP

Kindly comment on availability

rgds

Kamal Aggarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understandings you need to pass an intimation to the Next level or Department about the DIR created by design department & that department needs to add one more technical file (either word, excel or other application) or they need to link another DIR for the DIR created by Design Department.

Both are possible in SAP:

Linking DIR with another DIR but the DIR Numbers will be different for the same product information.

But Linking of Originals(Wrd, Technical file) to the Design Department Created DIR is easy.

These can be control through STATUS Managment and Authorization, and for any special pop-ups or intimations b/w department can be achieved through DMS Workflows.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

I believe solution which you have suggested is not enough to solve my problem

For business end-users created different documents during life cycle of product which are considered to be part of Design Documents in DMS under R/3 .

Now few documents out of those documents are part of technical file and product file .

End-users doesn't want to create separate DIR in DMS for technical file, there are looking for link of design Documents in technical file

To achieve this, Can we have something like Pointers or Direct Loading ....

rgds

Kamal

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

is your question about the possibility to link one DIR to another?

In this case this is possible by maintaining the DRAW object in transaction DC10 under 'Definer Object Links'. Afterwards, you should be able to link any existing

DIR by switching to the 'Object Link' tab in transaction CV02N.

For more Information please see also the following link for the SDN WIKI entry:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/plm/ca-dms-Object+link&">CA-DMS - Object link</a>

You can also create a document BOM in transaction CV11. This BOM must have and header document and below you can add other DIRs in transaction CV12.