cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in the key figure after going into production

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our DP project we have found that there are some changes that would be required in the basic property of the key figures for example (zero allowed) after we have already gone live with the system. We are working on the scm 5.0 and it does provide the functionality of changing the properties of the key figure without the deinitializing the planning area. Does any one have tried it out to make changes in the basic characteristic of the key figure in the dev box and importing the same in a running production box.

What do u think could be the risk run in this situation.

Thanks

Ashwini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This should not be a problem

I have done this. But mine was accompanied with an upgrade as well

Retransport the Planning area and the Planning book with the Keyfigures again and it should replace the existing PA.

Obviously you will have backed up the data. (Zero allowed should not be an issue am not sure what happens when you do it the other way round... what happens to the negatives)

The easy way to check this to be doubly sure is to

a) create a small planning area wikth one KF you will not use and transport it to Prod . then change the KF and transport it to prod and test

b) if it works from Dev to QA, it should work from QA to Prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed the key figures and tested in the AUQ and it is working. one thing that one needs to is to reinitialize the planning area again.

Thanks for the help though

Former Member
0 Kudos

good....

just make sure the data is backed up in production before doing this since deactivation would mean data loss.

Answers (0)