cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECDP &ECPO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi :

I was confused by the concept of ECDP and ECPO.

1.What's difference between ECDP and ECPO?

2.If we use ECS scenario and the operation 'plan driven' to transfer PR from R/3 to SRM,then create the PO for this PR, what transaction type will the system choose to create the PO,ECDP or ECPO?If system could choose both transaction type,does that mean that creating what kind of PO depending on the Account assignment category of the PR in R/3?If this is the case,does system choose the different transaction type automatically or manually?

3.If we create SC in SRM,then create PO for the SC,what transaction type will the system choose to create this PO.Does it related to the option of ordered as direct material or not while creating SC?

Hope someone can help me.thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hong,

The terms ECDP & ECPO denotes Electronic Commerce Direct Procurement and Electronic Commerce Purchase Order.

If you choose Direct Procurement while creating shopping cart it chooses ECDP doc. type and if you order it as indirect material (cost center assignement) then it chooses ECPO doc. type.

Same thing holds good in case of Plan Driven Procurement. If you create a PR with Cost Center as account assignment it chooses ECPO otherwise it chooses ECDP.

Hope this makes you more clear.

Award points for suitable answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Teja :

Thank you for your reply.

But when I creat SC wtih whatever direct material or non direct material, the system always choose ECPO.

Does there any configuration I need to set?

Message was edited by:

hong pan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hong,

In reference to your reply what i understood is irrespective of ECDP or ECPO the system is taking the same number range as that of ECPO.

This is because in the SPRO > SRM > SRM Server > Cross Appl. Basic Settings > Define transaction types > For purchase orders same number ranges would have been maintained for ECPO & ECDP transaction types.

Also check whether the ECDP is maintained in the document type attribute in org. structure otherwise it will take ECPO by default.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Teja :

I have checked the PO.The system acctually took the ECPO,while I have maintained the ECDP in both SRM and R/3.But If I creat ECDP directly with transaction 'process purchase order', this PO can be transfered to R/3 with document type ECDP.