cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is item category relevant for pricing procedure ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Please let me know with examples where item category is relevant for pricing procedure.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

Pricing procedure is determined by combination of Sales Area, CuPP and DoPP. Based on this combination system detects which Pricing Procedure to carry out (which is independent of IC). Now regarding your question on IC relevant to pricing procedure: In VOV7, in "Pricing" field we need to define whether for this particular IC, pricing is to be carried out or not.

Please let me know if you are still unclear

Reward if helpful

Regards

SD

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in TAN in" pricing" field we will mention that stard price, 100% discount (TANN),NO Pricing these options are diretly applay during the sales order procees from TAN. these options determine whether the price shoud applay to the particular line Item or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with what Sadhu has mentioned. Thanks Sadhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

item category per say directly is not relevant for any pricing procedure. But the pricing field in the item category ( VOV7 ) tells whether an item has to be priced or given 100 % disc or no pricing. For TAN its pricing relevant, so the conditions setup in the pricing procedure are determined whereas for TANN since its not relevant for pricing the pricing conditions in the pric proc are not effected.

Thanks

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bapi,

As our dear friends have pointed out the item category is not important in determining the pricing procedure. This is done in the pricing procedure as mentioned earlier.

Howerver when the item is to be priced i.e. it is relevant for pricing, you should give a requirement in your pricing procedure (2). In this case, the requirement is checked in the item category determined for this item. If in the item category you have maintained the pricing checkbox then this requirement is fulfilled and the pricing takes place.

Requirement 2 is normally given against condition type PR00.

This is the link between the pricing procedure and the item category.

Reward points if useful.

Thanks and Regards

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bapi,

Even though IC is not relevant for pricing procedure, you have to active price revelance field in item category

menu path: spro>.IMG>>SD>> basic function>> pricing>>define pricing for item category

please revert if u not understood

regards

Arun prasad C R

+91 9940688018

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BAPI,

First Tings First, Item category is not relevant for determination of pricing procedure.

Pricing procedure is calcualted on the bais of these Parameters:

1) Sales Area ( Sales Area is a combination of Sales organization, Distribution Channel and Division)

2) Document pricing procedure

3) Customer pricing procedure

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh

P.S. you can send me a mail at my mail id rakeshsinghchauhan@gmail.com for any specific details

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Item category is not relevant for <b></b>determination of pricing procedure<b></b>

PP is determined based on Sales org+Dis. Channel + Division + Document pricing procedure of document type in VOV8+ Customer pricing procedure in customer master data of sold to party.

Once the pricing procedure determination is done using this logic, the prices for the material will be determined based on the pricing relevance of the material which is again configured in item category in VOV7

Hope this helps.

Rewards pls