Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many SSO certificates do I need ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are going to install 4 EP 7.0 (DEV,PRJ,ACC,PRD).

We will install 3 Web Dispatcher 1 for PRD, 1 for PRJ and 1 for DEV & ACC.

We are going to use Verisign self signed certificates Certificates.

For me we need 1 for the PRD and 1 for the PRJ.

But my question is how many certificates do I need for my DEV & ACC as they will be linked to the same Web Dispatchers (different port off course).

Can I use the same certificates for both DEV & ACC (there will be install on the same hosts) ?

Or do I need a separate certificates for my DEV & ACC ?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Dom./

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You'll need one for both systems. Because both systems are behind the same WebDispatcher the request redirection to each of this 2 servers will be load balanced and you cannot predict to which on of them you'll be redirected so you should use the same certificatem for both systems.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You'll need one for both systems. Because both systems are behind the same WebDispatcher the request redirection to each of this 2 servers will be load balanced and you cannot predict to which on of them you'll be redirected so you should use the same certificatem for both systems.

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You are referring to SSL server certificates - and there one "Golden Rule" exists:

the certificate (exactly speaking: the CN part) needs to contain the hostname (including domain); the browser (as SSL client) will compare the hostname contained in the URI with the CN part of the SSL server certificate - they have to match.

Notice: the port does not matter ...

Cheers, Wolfgang