cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms in Ubuntu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

We are trying linux Ubuntu 7.04, we've already installed de SapGui, when i run the Smartforms transaction then give the file name and then click View/Visualizar, SAP launches an error mesage 'Stop -The ordenator arquitecture is not supported' / 'Stop - la arquitectura del ordenador no es soprtada', this is what i get in development mode, but in productive mode SAP displays the Smartform.

Any help.

David Fúnez
Corp. Mandofer
Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

great to hear you´re trying Linux at the frontend!

This is really strange. Are you using the same hotpackage levels on your development and test system? Check with "System - Status - Components"

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus;

The component version is the same in windows and linux (SAP ECC 6.0 ). the same with the nucleus information, are the same.

I haven´t installed a printer in linux, i don´t know if it has to do with it.

About if i Are you using the same hotpackage levels on your development and test system?

i´m not sure what are tou talkin about, because as i am new in SAP and Linux.

What i did is to partition my HD, installed Ubuntu, installed the libgcj7-awt, libgcj7-jar and the last version of SUN JVM 6.0, i download it with the ubuntu downloader.

Then installed de last version of SAPGUI for java systems, configurate the access IP and ready.

averything looks to run fine but not the smartfoms.

Thanks on advance for any help.

David Fúnez
Corp. Mandofer
Tegucigalpa, Honduras

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say, that the Java version is to "new".

Can you try with an older one, 1.5.0_12 for example?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus;

I found a Note #736147 that explain why Linux can't run smartfoms. It's because the external activeX for smartforms can run just in SAPGui for Window not for Linux.

i don´t understand why SAP says that we can try with other linux distros besides (Redhat/Suse) if they know about this issue.

Thaks a lot for your time.

Smartforms just not run well under linux.

Edited by: David Funez on Dec 28, 2010 2:30 PM

Edited by: David Funez on Dec 28, 2010 2:31 PM

Edited by: David Funez on Dec 28, 2010 2:31 PM

Answers (0)