cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order shoud update inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

we would like to create a sales order and billing document with respect to sales order. Till this point O.K.

Business requirement is that once we create a sales order it should effect on unrestricted stock.

For example :

If we are having 100 units inventory, and creating sales order for 25 units then it should hit inventory and my balance inventory should show 75 units. this is my requirement.

After creating a sales order and billing document, I would be keeping customer’s goods ( 25 units) in my premises, as and when customer will demands I will dispatch those goods by creating multiple delivery for same sales order.

I would appreciate, if you could let me know best possible solution for this.

Note : tried Consignment fill up/ issue/ pick up …..it doesn’t match my requirement.

Thanks

Veer

veer_akkole@yahoo.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahvir

You are talking something related to ATP and your scenario i had faced earlier with ATP basically am sure your client needs the security for that stock for that paticular sales order so that no other order should steal the other order material anyways well you can try doing Backorder processing and RESCHEDULING and that should help you out ......

or do the material reservation with movement type E with refrence to sales order

if you need any more thing please email me

dreamszalone@hotmail.com

Thanks

please reward the points if answer is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

Thank for this information, I would appreciate if you could let me know more information on this. such as desired process, configuration, and inventory effect...I think this would be a nice solution...

I would defiantly reward points ..if I could resolve this problem

Thanks for your help.

Mahavir

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mahavir,

Making changes in inventory due to sales order is not only impossible in standard SAP, it is also conceptually wrong.

During sales order, there is no stock movement and hence no changes in inventory should take place. Stock movements will take place either through a delivery or stock transport order.

So convince the customer saying that during sales order, inventory changes will not take place. If they ask for it, then what they ask is actually stock transport order and not definitely sales order. Do configurations in stock transport order to enable this functionality. Never try to do stock movement because of sales order creation. All the standard reports will go for a toss if this is done.

Hope this helps you.

Reward if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navaneetha,

I do agree with conceptually wrong, but it is not impossible.

Business scenario is like this :

Let's take an example of training for a particular course, now this course is going last for six month, and they have three different module for two month each. we are going to conduct this training in hotel, in this situation it would be very difficult to keep training material in hotel for six month, as an when instructor require training material we can dispatch the same. Since material is already sold to customer he is ready to pay in advance so it would be easy for revenue recognition also. For that it is not require to happen delivery and PGI.

so in this situation we should consider that stock belongs to customer, but will be in our premises.

There must be some solution for this.

same like consignment pick up/issue/.....

any way thanks for your suggestion, but will try to find workaround for this...this is client's requirement.

Thanks

Mahavir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let's see if this works:

Configure your own item category and make relevant assignments to it. Now once created and duly assigned, in VOV7 define it in "Special Stock" field.

Reward if useful/resolves your query

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

I will try this too....let's see

thanks for your help...

Mahavir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer ,

why don't u try for consignment . If u want to reserve material for ur customer . This is the best possible method which is std in SAP . u can issue the material when required by customer .

It depend where to keep the stock at ur location or customer location and when u issue the stock u will can bill the customer for the same .

Hope this should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kautubha,

please read tread written to Navneetha, I belive already I explanied why I don't want to use consignmnet concept here....

please revert if u have any question..

thanks

Mahavir