Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify the screen fields which are displayed through ITS to the web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to sap. Please, I need a help.

I have a ESS screen with 4 fields display, now i want to display only one field. I cant do changes to the program as it is sap standard program without userexits. In this standard program SAPMPZ14, I saw in one include module that data from r/3 system is moving to ITS. I want to know whether I can controll fields at ITS server level before it goes to the html screen to display.

As a abap developer what I have to do inorder to control. Please guide me. Is it my work or its server people work or portal work.

please help me

thanks

ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

For these "old" ESS services SAP note 870126 might be of interest.

Thanks and regards,

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The easiest way to modify the screens in the Std transactions using ITS is to modify the ITS templates corresponding to that transaction.

E.g In you case,there will be a ITS service corresponding to the ESS transaction.This ITS service will have number of HTML templates which will actually correspond to the diffrent screens in the Trascn.What you need to do is find out the HTML template in the ITS service which corresponds to the screen(which you want to modify) in the STd transacn.To do this ,the easiest way is to right click on that Web page and say VIEW SOURCE.It will show you a HTML code with the ITS service name and the template which is being used for that particular screen.

So after you find out the correct HTML template to be modified,you can simply hide the fields by putting the HTML code lines in between the symbols

<! and -->

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We are having the same situation,only with shopping baskets ... the easiest way we found is to modify the HTMLTemplate linked to the internet service

identify where the fields are [right click,view source, search for the button, etc.], then identify the source code lines and comment them out in the template

HTML comments start with <!-- and end with -->

surround the field with this and you shan't see them on the web screen again!

yet they still exist for you in standard SAP backend code - check they ar enot mandatory!