Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistence Adapter Framework

frank_schmitt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo,

sometimes i have problem with the adapter framework; i become problems with the inconsistence. Have anyone a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah yes, I remember ...

One thing that was faulty in our installation is that the passwords of the service users were not synchronized any more (I do not know what our "Basis Gurus" did to achieve that). You can try to check this. But in our case this did not help either ... unfortunately.

So we exported our complete IR and ID content and reinstalled the XI, reconfigured the SLD and then reimported IR and ID content. In our case the problem was that we did not have the time to do intensive time-consuming investigations to fix the problem. We had a timeline and had to deliver results. so we decided to re-install ...

Good luck!

Please let us know if and how you could fix the problem without re-installation of the XI.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

You find the solution of this issue by reading :

Note 764176 - Error in XI due to inconsistent SLD contents

Pascal Cuennet

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

I fixed it with "SAP Note 1117249 - Incomplete Registration of PI

components in SLD". I manually forced the registration of the Integration Directory. This info is contained in the above note, but it is more specific.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My issue was resoved by restarting following services.

Below is the procedure how to do that

http://<host name>:<port> --> SAP Netweaver Administrator --> Operation Management --> Systems --> Start&Stop --> Java EE Applications

Here you restart the applications for the missing PI components: <--- I restarted all service below

com.sap.xi.directory (Integration Builder/Configuration)

com.sap.aii.af.app (Adapter Engine)

com.sap.xi.rwb (Runtime Workbench)

com.sap.xi.repository (Integration Builder/Design)

Thanks everyone for their contribution. Learned lot of new things

Cheers !

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We had the same problem with an XI30 SP13 installation and even SAP could not help us to fix the problem.

Our problem fix was: RE-Installation of the XI!!

Then it worked.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Your response, Volker, .... it does not sound good. We are on SP14. BASIS people did something with the system installation and probably since this time we face mentioned problem. I thought there is some solution for that but it seems(for me) like there is a big mess in SLD

(additional AE which appeared, probabyly some associations missing etc)

Anyone who had a such problem and solved it without reinstallation of XI from scratch???

Regs,

Grzegorz.

Message was edited by: Grzegorz Slowik

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

open my SDN business card and write me an e-mail

I'll send you some info from and OSS note as

far as I remember but I don't have the number

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

there are several things to be done. The note taking care of this case is the following:

764176 - Error in XI due to inconsistent SLD contents

This note provides a lot of information, but may not be enough. Carry out the following checks:

check that the CPACache works ok

check that sxi_cache works ok

check that sxi_cache->goto-->AE Cache shows an entry for the adapter engine

check the roles for the service users, especially xidiruser

regards,

Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

You have given very little details, about your problem.

If You want someone to help You try to give more details.

Piece of log would be very usefull.

Good luck with solving Your problem.

Regards Artur

frank_schmitt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Here more details (error message):

"Das System Landscape Directory erlaubt zur Zeit nicht, den Namen der zentralen Adapter-Engine zu ermitteln. Benachrichtigungen an die zentrale Adapter-Engine werden daher unter dem technischen Namen der Rngine gelistet. In der Regel hat dieser die Form:

af.<SAP-System-Id>.<Name des Application Servers>"

Anybody has an idea?

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

where do you get this error exactly? In the Adapter Monitor? If so, for which Adapter?

Best regards

Christine

frank_schmitt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

it affected in the integration directory; it was not possible the pick one adapter engine for an communication channel.

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Frank.

i'm not sure whether i correctly understand the German error message.

Does the German message mean like the following?

-

Unable to determine the name of the central Adapter Engine from the System Landscape Directory at this time.

Notifications to the central Adapter Engine are therefore listed using the technical name of the Adapter Engine.

This is usually structured as follows:

af.<SAP System ID>.<Name of application server>

-

If so, i also got this error message when i installed XI 3.0 SR1 before i patched any SPs. And i just applied SP11 and this error went away.

Good luck.

Message was edited by: Sejoon Ahn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I still get the same error message with the latest patches (Stack 14).

<b>Unable to determine the name of the central Adapter Engine from the System Landscape Directory at this time. Notifications to the central Adapter Engine are therefore listed using the technical name of the Adapter Engine. This is usually structured as follows: af.<SAP System ID>.<Name of application server></b>

and then later

<b>Attempt to determine which Adapter Engines are affected by data changes failed</b>

Can anyone help?

Many thanks for your help!

Xavier Vermaut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

this message appears if the adapter engine is not correct registrated at the SLD. You can check this at the technical system browser. At the dropdown "Technical System Type" use "Exchange Infrastructure". There should be an entry for your adapter engine.

Please also check out the note 764176.

Kind regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your reply, that's greatly apreciated!

Now, I checked the "Technical System Browser" as explained but everything seems to be OK as can find 2 of them (for the XI systems we have)

Here's what we have :

Adapter Engine on dxi.xidev | XI Adapter Framework | Domain xidev | | 01/25/2006 12:37

Adapter Engine on pxi.xiprod | XI Adapter Framework | Domain xiprod.xxx.be | | 01/25/2006 12:41

Domain xidev | XI Domain | Domain xidev | | 01/25/2006 11:49

Domain xiprod.xxx.be | XI Domain | Domain xiprod.xxx.be | | 01/25/2006 12:41

Integration Server on xidev | XI Integration Server | Domain xidev | DXI on xidev | 01/25/2006 11:33

Integration Server on xiprod.xxx.be | XI Integration Server | Domain xiprod.xxx.be | | 01/25/2006 12:41

RWB on dxi.xidev | XI Runtime Management Server | Domain xidev | DXI on xidev | 01/25/2006 12:38

RWB on pxi.xiprod | XI Runtime Management Server | Domain xiprod.xxx.be | | 01/25/2006 12:42

How does it come that the domains we have here, are not syntically the same. I mean "why do we have a full domain name for xiprod and not for xidev"? Is it possible to adapt this?

By the way, we can't get the adapter engine running. When having a look at the "Integration Monitoring - Runtime Workbench", we can see that something goes wrong :

<b>Cache notification from Integration Directory failedError when accessing the System Landscape Directory</b>

<i><b>Detailed Error Message</b></i>

<b>No SLD elements of type SAP_XIAdapterFramework found</b>

Any idea?

Xavier Vermaut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier.

Have you found any solution for the problem?

I'm facing exactly the same symptoms.

Regs,

Grzegorz.