cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCVPOR blank on IDoc in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a HTTP to IDoc scenario (HTTP > XI > R3). For the Integration Repository, we are using the XSD from the imported IDoc from R3, with a minor change. A message interface is also created. In the Directory, 1 business system is created for R3 system with a receiver IDoc comm channel, 1 business service is created with for the http sender for the XI system. Receiver determination, interface determination and the receiver agreement has been created. This is essentially an IDoc XML pass through, no mapping or transformation rules.

My question is in regards to the RCVPOR. It shows up blank when we create the IDoc in R3. I thought this value was read from the Port field in the communication channel configuration in the directory? It does not display that. Also, Apply Control Values Record from payload is UNCHECKED, it has no correlation to the RCVPOR field.

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is solved. Since the partner profile require Message Code as well, we were not populating it on the inbound source XML. By populating the MESCOD field, the RCVPOR appeared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also,

checking SXMB_MONI, I can see in the Outbound IDoc to R/3 that the RCVPOR is getting filled correctly in the XML communication. So it seems this blanking out is happening at the R3 side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, we21 did not help. I still get RCVPOR as a blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDX1 is maintained correctly, I would not be able to see IDoc in R3 if this was not setup correctly. Metadata from using IDX2 is there for that IDoc. All the comm channel configuration is setup RFC Dest reference the R3 logical name, Interface version, Port (same as in IDX1) and release.

WE21 was not setup in XI, I have not seen any documentation to say that you need to do this for the IDoc adapter.

I have setup WE21 and testing to see if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to be clear again, the scenario works when explicitly mapping the RCVPOR in the source XML. However, this should not be the case from all the documentation that I am reading, it should be getting populate from the configuration from the comm channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CHK in WE20 T-CODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

WE20 is maintained on R3. There is nothing wrong with the configuration there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Are you sure you have maintained the receiver port in WE21...

Chk that once...

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chk whether Partner profiles are created and whether the parameters are mainatained and the receiver port is maintained. in the message type of inbound parameters.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tried creating a dummy scenario in which i have a straight one to one message mapping and disabled the EDI_DC40 segment in the target. The RCVPOR still did not fill in on the R/3 side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rock,

Can you check this small thing..

In XI system goto transaction IDX1 and check if you have created port for your R/3 system..port should be SAP + SYS-ID. Also RFC destination for same. Also check if you have imported idoc metedata ( TC:IDX2)

Also check following parameters in your receiver idoc adapter..

1.RFC Destination

2.Segment Version

3.Port

4.SAP Release.

Just try to re-create this if it is already created.

I think we are missing one of this parameter..

Let us know the result.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I have not disabled the EDI_DC40 segment. Isn't this done in Message Mapping? I do not have any message mapping as this is a pass through scenario. For the IDoc, we imported the IDoc from the R/3 system. Exported the XSD and modified it so that the root can be "unbounded" so the trading partner can bundle multiple IDocs together.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The type of LS. The IDoc does get created, currently it is in a status of 56 because the RCVPOR and the MESCOD is not field is not coming in. To fix MESCOD I will be applying checking the Apply Control Values Record from Payload and the source IDoc XML will have a mapping for the field. Like I said before, the scenario works for if the source IDoc XML also has mapping for the RCVPOR field. However, this is difficult from the partner that is sending the information. So, fixing the RCVPOR field on our side is the solution.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I thought this value was read from the Port field in the communication channel configuration in the directory?</i>

Ideally, this is true.

Wht is the partner type at receiver, LS or KU or LI?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump up question...

The work around is to map the RCVPOR but I would have to check Apply Control Record Values from Payload and this would need to get mapped.

Any thoughts why it is not getting read from the Port field in the comm channel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rock,

Did you disabled segment EDIDC in IR? Also remove checkbox Apply Control Record Values from Payload .

Also can you see inboun idoc in R/3 system? if so then what is the status code and error message?

Let us know the result.

Nilesh