Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg.File Adaptor scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the follwoing questions for you:

How can I configure the file adapter so that it can pickup a file at every midnight?

How can I configure the file adapter so that it can pickup a file on every Thursday(i.e. Weekly once)?

Is it possible to configure the File adaptor as asked above?

I would be very much thankful to you if you could answer my question ASAP.

Regards,

Murthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narasimha,

Yes u can but not in ur File adapter channel. Instead u can do it in Communication Channel Monitoring. If ur SP level is SP19 and above.

Hope this blog helps u

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

-raj.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Note:You will need to have the authorizations of the user group SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR with the role modify.

Go to Runtime Workbench -> Component Monitoring -> Communication Channel Monitoring

Locate the link Availability Time Planning on the top right corner of your Communication Channel Monitoring page.

In your case, the requirement is to schedule the Sender file adapter daily once at 12:00 at midnight.

In Availability Time Planning, choose the Availability time as daily and say create.

Provide the details like the time 12:00

Then select the communication channel , goto the Communication Channels tab and filter and add the respective channel (File Sender).

Once all the above has been done 'Save' the changes.

You can make changes according to your requirements

hope it helps

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey monika

isn't ur reply exactly same as the guy who posted before u?

please look at the replies once and then post ur response

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hey,I really dint notice that this guy above has taken my answer from this thread.

Thanks for making me realize.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

no problem just want to keep SDN clean,also if ur quoting some text from copyright material,please give the source in the bottom,it helps to read through the actual material and also doesn't looks like copyright infringement .

keep rocking

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah true

Lets do something to make SDN more helpful and clean,I have seen your posts in article thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note:You will need to have the authorizations of the user group SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR with the role modify.

Go to Runtime Workbench -> Component Monitoring -> Communication Channel Monitoring

Locate the link Availability Time Planning on the top right corner of your Communication Channel Monitoring page.

In your case, the requirement is to schedule the Sender file adapter daily once at Specified time.

In Availability Time Planning, choose the Availability time as daily and say create.

Provide the details like the time “ “

Then select the communication channel , goto the Communication Channels tab and filter and add the respective channel (File Sender).

Once all the above has been done 'Save' the changes.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c4/3a7f87505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Reward Points If Helpful

Regards

Sesha

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go thorugh this thread..

Kumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>How can I configure the file adapter so that it can pickup a file at every midnight?

its simple:)simply set the polling interval as 86400 secs(246060) and then activate the sender file adapter at midnite.next time it will poll at the second day midnite

>>How can I configure the file adapter so that it can pickup a file on every Thursday(i.e. Weekly once)?

again same thing ,but this time set the polling interval to 604800 secs(72460*60) and activate your adapter on Thurdsay

Thanx

Aamir