cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DateTrans and ifWithoutelse is generic function or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

DateTrans and ifWithoutelse are generic functions or not?

regards

Ruban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

could you please tell what you mean by <i>Generic function</i>?

both the functions you said are Standard Functions which you can use in message mapping

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know ..Yes they are generic functions...bco'z they take some sort of input and give the output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>As far as i know ..Yes they are generic functions...bco'z they take some sort of input and give the output

every function does this,does that means all are generic?

ofcourse there are few who only spit out the value and dont need any input.

thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I also do not know what is meant by generic function, i know only standard functions.

what about concat and copyvalue? are they generic functions or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> every function does this,does that means all are

> generic?

Mostly Yes...in general terms ( this might be a perception)

> ofcourse there are few who only spit out the value

> and dont need any input.

So they are generating function...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/c4cdfc334824478090739c04c4a249/content.htm

>

> thanx

> Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i know that:)i know what generating functions are,infact i myself have replied in that thread:)

i want to know what generic functions are ?

now as Michal said there is nothing like generic functions in XI i guess that should be true

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you and Mik said..there is nothing.... but a <b>common perception</b> which i saw other than generating function..all other functions are called as standard functions or generic functions..which is what i meant to say...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can u conclude this,

concat, copyvalue , DateTrans and ifWithoutelse are generic functions or not?

if not which one is not among these?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

there is nothing like generic functions.you do have generating function which only give values but dont take any input,they are under the function category Constant

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of calling them generic function...it would be better to call them as Standard functions to avoid confusion...From my perspective standard and generic represent the same ( its depends on how different people perceive it)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to Aamir's reply not only the functions come under Constant are generating functions, we have CurrentDate, Counter ..

-raj.