cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a very specific problem where the vendor master creation/change will be triggered from R/3 workflow. The MDM user will get the mail in his SAP inbox as a result of the R/3 workflow. Now he will open the mail and he will find a link to "create vendor" or "change vendor". Say for example if he clicks "create vendor" then he will connected to a Portal i-view to type the data. this datas will be directly entered in the Data Manager. Then he will also run the validation rules. After this the use comes back R/3 system to confim his data entry of vendor. This will trigger one more mail to the SAP inbox which will be picked by a second user for verification.He will also check the vendor data and come back to r/3 and the workflow ends here.

Now with the same process, say the 1st user is clicking "change vendor" option and changes the Bank account number then it should go for the 2nd user verification. but should not go for verificationif any other field is changed. How can i achieve this in MDM workflow. Remember after the 1 st user is entering the data he comes back to R/3 to click that the he has completed data entry only then the second person will get a mail in the inbox to verify.

Thanks in advance,

arumugam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>> but should not go for verificationif any other field is changed. How can i achieve this in MDM workflow

in my opinion there are two options:

1. you need to make the first user select something in r3

(change approval required or no change approaval)

or make him select the field that he changed in MDM

and on the basis of that notify the second user or not

2. in MDM you can try to model workflow which will

notify the second user automatically once the field will be changed

don't know if it's possible to do in MDM workflow easily

but if so this would probably be a clearer solution

Regards,

michal