cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pass variable into ValueColumn of SPC Chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to pass the ValueColumn field into the chart. How do I do this. I think I have it set up properly, but I can not get data unless I manually set it up in the display template, which I do not want to do. What do I need to do to make this work? The Title works fine.

<tr>

<td>

<applet name='Chart1' codebase='/Illuminator/Classes' code='iSPCChart' archive='illum8.zip' width='775' height='350' mayscript>

<param name='DisplayTemplate' value='../FR/dspFR_ATD_Production_SPC'>

<param name='QueryTemplate' value='../FR/qryFR_ATD_Production_SPC'>

<param name='ValueColumns' value='Pitch'>

<param name='Title' value='Pitch Data'>

<param name='Param.1' value='%'>

<param name='Param.2' value='%'>

<param name='Param.3' value='%'>

<param name='Param.4' value='%'>

</applet>

</td>

</tr>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have the parameter name and assignment correct so that's not the problem. Try right-clicking on the applet and selecting raw data details, then observe the column heading names in your query results - do you see one called 'Pitch' and is it numeric?

Relative template paths don't work, so unless the "../" is there to hide something I would imagine your query is throwing a FatalError and producing the 'No Data Points' message.

The title is merely text so that will appear even if the query fails or there are other issues.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your code looks to be correct, although you should probably have double quotes around the attribute values (<param name="ValueColumns" value="Pitch">). I doubt that is what is causing the issue.

If you get the raw data for the chart (data detail), do you have a column called "Pitch"? "Pitch" isn't an alias or anything is it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed that in the code I had it spelled out 'Pitch' and my field name is 'PITCH'. Once I made the change everything worked fine. Thanks for the help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

no problem - darn case sensitivity! ;*)