cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Processing Indicator field work?

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the SNP planning book, when we load a selection there is a Processing Indicator field that shows up in the selection screen. Can someone enlighten on how this field works? What controls the checkbox on the screen ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...in the shuffler you can set the processing indicator field for each record by right click and using 'Set Process indicator' after the selection is loaded. I'm not sure of this significance but i guess its something the planners might use incase they need to denote that the product has been already worked on. Same way you can delete the processing indicator checkbox.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If anyone has any further ideas on this, please share. I was unable to edit the field and did not see that as an authorization problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to switch it on and off from the planning book shuffler. You can choose the ones that are marked by using the field processing indicator = X option in the shuffler

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

THanks Harish. This sounds promising. I will get back to you in case I hit a wall while navigating in the system tomorrow.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please tell which indicator you are refrining? Are you using SCM5.0?

In which particular screen this indicator appeared?

As I am not able to trace, Not able to guide you further

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using 4.1

Please check for the field in any SNP selection ID that you load in SNP Planning book. It will appear as a column that has the checkbox.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If anyone has answer to this question, please share.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the processing indicator to select location products that you have already processed. This is useful if you have manually changed some values and dont want to do mark it.

You could then select location products in the shuffler by processing indicators, for instance. The indicator is reset during the next SNP run.

You can see the processing indicator settings in the Product view if you go to settings >> Processing indicator. the help reads as follows

Settings for Processing Indicator

Use

The setting for the processing indicator determines when the processing indicator for products or resources are deleted (reset). It can be set separately for products and resources. Depending on the chosen setting the system proceeds as follows:

Reset on new logon:

The processing indicator is reset on each new logon. As long as no new logon takes place, the indicators are retained (for example, when the user exits the transaction).

Reset on new day:

The processing indicator is only valid on the day on which it is are set (the system uses the time at which the user leaves the transaction as the key date).

Only reset manually:

The processing indicator can only be reset manually by the user, in other words, it is retained regardless of any new logons/days.

You should note that not all products/resources may be visible in the product planning table or product overview if you use the processing indicator in the extended selection. To display all products/resources, regardless of processing status, make your selection without using the extended selection.

Ps: I think this is also used in the alert monitor where the "take note of" flag is realted to this