cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario-1 Step by Step Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one give Easy Steps to work with Sceanrio-1, Just to maintain version of java file.

As far as i Know

There's a Superadmin, apart from this there is one userID with this i will crete DTR client (Say client-1), crete a folder structure,workspace,java file and checkin to the DTR Server as mentioned in this URL Scenario-1

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/38/33eb9c3e1fe2409a9eba8246b933ca/frameset.htm

Now to modify the checked in file do i need User-2 (UserID), or can i crete DTR client (Say DTR Client-2) sync the contents into local directory.

From how do you go ahead.. Till the last step build and deploy.

Where can i see the version 1.0 when i checkin first time,and once after modification and check in will it change to version 2.0.(I don't have clear cut understanding about Activities)

Correct me if i am wrong,

Regards,

RK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An Activity is used to bundled all related developments into one package for checking back into the DTR.

You can see and retrieve versions by requesting the Version Graph for a file.

There's no need to create multiple DTR clients. If you want to use the same NWDS for 2 users, just login with different users using the same DTR client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when it comes to activity , i know check in and check out, what is this checking back (checking in).

when client 1 checked in he will do that lets say Activity-1, after modifications clent-2 can check in to same activity-1 or he needs to crete activity-2,

i saw when i checked in first time all files in activity -1 showed 1.0.

btw where do you see version graph!

Former Member
0 Kudos

"check back into DTR" = "check in"

Activities are per user, so it's not possible for two users to use the same activity, although their activities may have the same description.

The Version Graph can be displayed by selecting Show In -> Version Graph from the context menu of a file in the Repository Browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to Jot down Scenario-1 Steps,

Right from creating a simple java file by client1 and checking in, later user-2 edits and checks in.

this process step by step..

It will be a grate help for all.(rather than directly going to complicated TeaxEAR project).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can see the version graph in this way:

1.Open your repository browser in the DTR perspective

2.Select a file and open the conext menu

3.select Shown In -> Version Graph