cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intercompany

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is it that triggers intercomapny billing. is it due to shortage of goods becuse of which we change the plant and put the plant of the other comp code which has the goods which infact acts as the supplying plant or there is some other reason.

is there a different doc type for intercompany scenario?

krishnan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The highest possibility is that Product X is manufactured in Plant A, which is in company Code A. But the order is received by Company Code B, which has plant B, but doesnot manufactues Product X, hence Inter-Company scenario comes in picture.

Alternatively, say Plant A is virtually in the zone of Tax Benefit, so as a Company policy all Deliveries will be routed through Plant A & no other Plant.

There may be several such options.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

This Scenario is Different. Two Company Codes with two Differnt Plants, due to shortage of Stock getting the Stock from 2nd company code of 2nd plant is called Stock Transfer Order.

Please Reward If Relaly Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

The order type is the same in both the regular order as well as intercompany order.

Only thing the user does is to change the plant at the item level. The delivery is done the same way from the shipping point of the changed plant.

The only difference come in the billing process in T.Code: VF01, here apart from the regular invoice F2 that is used to bill the customer, another invoice intercompany invoice IV is created to bill the first plant company code for the goods sent. Both the invoices are created using the same delivery document number.

Hope I was clear in explanation.

Regards

AK

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nadarajah, i wanna ask you something

i have a company code 1 , i am short of some goods which i am ordering from comp code 2. so while creating a regular order for my customer. i will enter the regular doc type OR. enter sales area of my current comapany code which is 1. and go in . enter item and quantity. go to shipping details change my plant 1 to plant 2. (plant 2 is in comp code 2). that is how it is triggered. right?

swathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct.

The additional setting is of assigning the second plant to the combination of sales organization-Distribution channel combination of the customer for whom the order is created.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the above scenario is not of an intercompany sales scenario althought i am ordering goods from a plant of a different comp code. then in what scenarios is intercompany process seen. in what situation would a intercompany sales be visible. please explain

swathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi swathi,

thats correct. we change plant 1 to plant 2 ( belonging to company code 2). then we follow up with a delivery which is invoiced normally with F2. Since the stock has been bought by plant 1 so that is also billed with an intercompany invoice IV for the same delivery number. But for the intercompany invoice we assign an internal customer of comp code 2 to plant 1. So its as good as we are invoicing plant 1.

Thanks

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats scenario that I have mentioned above is an intercompany billing scenario, as you can see 2 company codes are involved.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

The procedure that you have mentioned to create a intercompany sale is correct. But the scenario does not happen because of Stock weren't available. It is because one company does not deal with a particular product for which a customer has requested and one of its group company is into the business of the product that was requested.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

this means billing is twice in that scenario. once i create a billing doc for my cust and second for whom. i dont create a billing doc. its just that i recieve one from the other comp code which i have to settle. right? i dont create that for the other company . i receive one , right?

and could you please explain me about the the delivery being processed twice. i use it once to create an invoice for my customer. but why would i use the delivery number again. coz i dont think i need it to create any other invoice.

well may be that delivery number is used , when you were talking in context of the supplying plant which needs the same delivery number to process the intercompany billing doc which i dont create , the other suppling plant creates?

can some one please clear my doubt regarding that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

The intercompany scenario is triggered when you enter a Sales Area in the first screen belonging to Comp Code 1 and in the second screen at the line item you enter a plant which belongs to Comp Code 2.

Consider Comp 1 and Comp 2 belong to the same group. Comp 1 is into the manufacturing of Cars and Comp 2 into textile business. Comp 2 decides to give one of it's manager a car so it would raise a sales order for the car from its own sales area using a plant of comp 1.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb