cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing - preventing reprice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am hoping that someone will be able to help.

Our renewal quotes are created 3 months in advance with a pricing date set to the renewal date of 3 months in advance, We want to honor the price on the quote, even if there has been a subsequent price change on the material. How do I prevent the item from repricing each time an item change is made. Here is an example :

Item ABC qty 1 - price 100 USD - Create date 07/01/2007, valid-to date 10/01/2007, pricing date 10/01/2007.

Price changes to 110 USD on 09/01/2007.

Item ABC has qty changed on 09/15/2007 to 2. Need price to be 2 * 100 USD, not 2 * 110 USD.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Joanne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When updating the quotation with the quantity

>>Item ABC has qty changed on 09/15/2007 to 2. Need price to be 2 * 100 USD, not 2 * 110 USD.

Make sure you enter the Pricing date to one prior to 09/01/2007.

What is happening is when you are updating the quotation on 09/15/2007,system is automatically taking the price date as 09/15/2007 and calculating the price as 110 USD,which is correct.

To make sure that does not happen you need to enter a date prior to 09/01/2007 in the pricing date field in the Sales tab.

<b>Reward if helpful.</b>

Thanks,

How to reward?

*Click on the star icon next to the response for which you wish to reward points. A popup window will appear. Use the radio buttons to mark a response "Solved My Problem," "Very Helpful," or "Helpful."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yatish,

Thankyou for your response - I had thought of this but how do I determine "on the fly" what the correct pricing date should be - there could be multiple price changes prior to the edit.

Regards

Joanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> I had thought of this but how do I determine "on the fly"

We could make a note of the pricing date before updating the quotation and make sure it is same after the update.But this is not a fool proof method.

As it is already being discussed we could use user exits not to reprice.

Thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are few ways of doing it..but it again depends on the whole process:

following exits will be very helpful.

include: RV61AFZA

USEREXIT_PRICING_RULE

USEREXIT_PRICING_COPY.

check the oss notes 24832 which has some very good information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithender,

Thank you for your response. I had thought of using a pricing rule - but was unsure where to do this. I could use existing rule 'G' - where everything would remain unchanged except for taxes ( taxes are not my concern on a quote ) but am not sure where I would need to do this - would it be in one of the SD userexits - such as USEREXIT_NEW_PRICING_VBAP or USEREXIT_NEW_PRICING_VBKD in RV45AFZB.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Joanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to write the code in RV61AFZA.

this will be triggered when ever you edit the order...

but my other question is...if you are only changing the quantity why would KOMV-KBETR change..it still has to be the same amount....unless you run a re-pricing with "B".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you both for your replies. You are correct - it was repricing because under certain circumstances we need a reprice to determine other conditions - this was using 'C'. I have solved this issue by updating code in MV45AFZB userexit_new_pricing_vbkd and RV61AFZA userexit_pricing_rule - I created a new pricing rule that redetermined only those custom conditions that I wanted to redetermine in the even of specific changes and left everything else as it was.

I will mark this as resolved and have awarded points.

Regards

Joanne