cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATW - dropdowns not appearing but only for one user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a problem where the absence/attendance type dropdown is not populated in CATW - however only one user is affected. Also, we have two identical ITS servers and the problem only appears on one of them. (We are using ITS 610, patch 25 - I know this is now unsupported but unfortunately upgrading isn't an option at the immediate moment).

Does anyone know of any reason why only this user would be affected? His authorisations have been checked etc. Is there some kind of personalisation parameter that might cause this effect? However, the dropdowns do appear when viewed on the 2nd ITS server so it would seem to be a problem within the ITS.

I have noticed that in the access.logs on ITS, this user's ID is the only one that appears - the rest have blanks instead of the usernames... Why would ITS only be recognising this user? Is there some kind of user cache that needs clearing?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

have you tried simply republishing the HTML Business changes to both ITS instances?

Kind regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have tried re-publishing to both ITS instances.

Regards,

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Thanks for your reply. Yes I have tried re-publishing

> to both ITS instances.

>

How do you handle the ITS sign-on? I mean do you get your users to sign-on using their own user IDs when the service is called or do you use a "dummy ITS" user that is hard-coded in the service parameter, which will then automatically sign each user on with this specific set of authorisations. What I am trying to say here is that the service parameters might be inconsistent on both ITS instances and it would be worthwhile getting someone to check if service files on both systems (on file level) are the same. Again, a re-publish could sort this out.

Kind regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The users sign on using their own logons.

The problem has been resolved... the user in question was using a template to populate the WBS elements in his timesheet. I reset (i.e. deleted) this template and the dropdowns re-appeared again. I've since recreated his template and the problem hasn't re-appeared. No idea why the template would cause this problem, or why it would only affect one of the ITS servers though...

Regards,

Jane