cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRPWDHISTORY vs USR02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are some users password history stored in table USR02 and some in table USRPWDHISTORY?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Randy,

The USR02 table is used to view the passwords and with MSSQL database you can easily reset the master passowrd from this table.

The other table is "BSCUSTOMER" which has a Field as :- USRPWD

Please refer to the link for further reference :-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/61/5d0b3ce56a11d4990d00508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

Please do let me know in case of any more query.

Thank you.

Regards,

Manomeet

• Award points if helpful **

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that's it either... you're talking about a field whereas I'm talking about a table.

After doing some more reading, I'm thinking that USR02 stores password history with old password hash algorithim (MD5). After 6.40, SHA-1 algorithim is used, and I'm guessing these newer passwords are stored in the table USRPWDHISTORY... but I haven't confirmed this yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

Not very sure but USR02 stores the initial password and current password for the user . USRPWDHISTORY stores entire password histiry based on profile parameter: login/password_history_size.

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

As far as i can see USR02 stores the local password history while USRPWDHISTORY stores the external password histoty (I don;t really know what it means by external)

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure that's correct

If a users history shows in USR02, it does not show in USRPWDHISTORY, and vice-versa, if it shows up in USRPWDHISTORY, it does not show in USR02.