cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of IR objects from IR of Acceptance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

V are using four diffrent servers: development;Acceptance; Quality and Production.

Now v want to delete some objects from IR of all the servers. V are succesfful wid development but unable to do the same in other servers.

As we have created our objects in development and imported the same in acceptance and then to quality and then to production. So in this case I am not able to understand that how to delete the objects from the other three boxes except development.

Also the objects that i have to delete is created by another user.So kindly tell me the <u><b>authoriztions</b></u> that i require to do this job.

All ur responses wil b appreciated. As I am new to XI so plz bear any injustice I have made to the technical terms.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

normally when u transport the object from Dev to QA and Prd(i have not worked with acceptance but i assume it has the same case too) the objects are transported as non-modifiable which means that you can't modify those objects and i assume coz of this you won't be able to delete them as well,SAP recommends not to modify objects in QA or Prd.

to make them modifiable you need to check a small check box called something like "Objects are modifiable"

lemme get back telling you where exactly you will find that check box

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

in the SWCV in the Acceptance and QA and Prd,you can check "objects are original objects" and "objects are modifiable" check box in the bottom of page

but SAP does not recommeds you to modify any objects in QA or Prd

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all thanks for all your quick and useful responses.

I will proceed with the prescribed procedure and will get back to you for any further help.

Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rookie,

Its quite easy...but before that as Amir Suggested you should not change/delete in any object in QA/Acceptace/production box...

Simplest way is when you delete object from dev box sap-xi keep tracks of it..so next time when you create transport you select deleted objects as well and transport it to QA/ACC/Prod....it will delete all deleted object from development

I have done this multiple times...

Nilesh

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

>><i>Simplest way is when you delete object from dev box sap-xi keep tracks of it..so next time when you create transport you select deleted objects as well and transport it to QA/ACC/Prod....it will delete all deleted object from development :)</i>

How can we transport deleted objects to other environments ?

If we delete objects in one environment then we cant see that objects in that environment then how it is possible to transport deleted objects???

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanthi,

While creating Transport request ( I mean File Transport request ) you can see all deleted objects as well and you need to include them in transport if you want to delete them from QA/Prod system.

Nilesh

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rookie,

Please check the boxes "objects are original objects" and "objects are modifiable" in the SWCV of the required environment and activate that. Then you can able to delete the IR objects.Before deleting the swcv you have to delete all the IM,MM objects under that SWCV and u can delete the SWCV.

But what was the reason that u are deleting objects in the QA and Production? You can transport new developed objects to these environments instead of deleting all.

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ROOKIE,

You need Deletion authority for this.

you can simply request your Basis person to give ur USERID authorisations for deletion.

thats will do..

Rewards points if helpfull......

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u be specific on what authorisation i require as I have rites to create or delete the objects in any of the sld, but i am not sure if i can delete the objects created by any other user and that too imported to acceptance ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need delete authorisations in Acceptance server....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Refer this Link Which wil gives you about the Roles of the Developer

http://www.erpgenie.com/sap/netweaver/xi/xiauthorizations.htm

Reward Points if Helpful

Regards

Sesha