cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Area - Sales Doc Type - Strange behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm on ECC 6.0

In the IMG, when I "Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas" I get the error "Assign <Sorg> <Dist Chan> <Div> first as a general sales area".

OK. So I go to Enterprise Structure-Assignment-SD-Set up Sales Area. The combinition is already assigned there.

So I check the underlying table TVTA and the entries display there as well.

I am using common Distribution Channel / Division in my system

Any thoughts ? FYI: I have searched a number of threads here on this subject but to no avail

Thanks in advance

Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

while u r assigning the sales area, pl. check whether 3 combinations are available.

EX: S.orgD.chDiv = sales area. (while assigning first u select S.org and click u will get a distribution channel, and then u click on distribution channel, u will get a divisions options, if you miss even small thing, the error will be big. moreover,

can u let me know how many sales organisation, distribution channel and divisions u have created. if it is one, it would be easy to rectify, if it is multiple, then u have check carefully.

, in IDES 4.7 E, once you have assigned the sales area, the common division and distribution will be automatically assigned to ur sales area if you have copied from the 1000 company code and 1200 plant. so it will not be a issue. still u check once.

i hope if you check those, ur problem will resolved.

reward points if it is useful.

regards

KR

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Check these TCodes: VOR1, VOR2, OVAO, OVAH, OVAN

This might help you

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

I was in "Common Dist Chan. division" mindset and in OVAM, OVAN had my dist chans and divisions pointing to the common ones.

Therefore everytime I went into "Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas" I would get some info/warning messages but just blew past them.

Once I changed the dist chan and divisions to thier proper mapping I am now fine.

Woops !

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bill,

AS you said you are trying to ‘assign sales order types permitted for sales areas’ you must be in transaction ‘OVAZ’. And the message what you are getting is due to non assignment of the referenced sales organization with sales organization and referenced distribution channel and division with sales organization which you can check in these mentioned transaction codes ‘OVAO’, ‘OVAM’ and ‘OVAN’.

As you are saying you have already made assignments in combine distribution channel and combine division that you must be doing in ‘VORI’ and ‘VOR2’ which are not concerned here as they are master data.

You go on above mentioned transaction (‘OVAO’, ‘OVAM’ and ‘OVAN’) one by one and make assignments and then go to ‘OVAZ’. There you try again and if getting the same problem click again on new entry, it will come.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try T-code : OVX8NN and chk for the consistency..this report will tell ya what are the assignments are missing ..i Hope this will help..and chl all ur assignments again..C'code - S'Org- D'Channel - divison..and if any error msg comes then post the error msg..Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

first you have assign the common dist channels and commondiv and common sales org.then only system will allow you to assign the sales document to the sales area.

regards

mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

check the assignment w r t Company code ....

may be this might fix your error

cheers