cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning book issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are in SCM5.0 and currently we are facing an issue with the planning book. In the interactive planning when we are trying to make selections in the shuffler, we are getting a message and triggering a shortdump error.

Maximum field length of 45 characters is exceeded

Message no. /SAPAPO/MCPSH_SEL066

Diagnosis

The current field has a length of '000060' characters. For technical reasons the multiple selection can only use fields up to a maximum length of 45 characters.

Procedure

If your values are not longer than 45 characters, you can use the multiple selection as usual. For longer values, the multiple selection is unfortunately not available.

Could anyone please give me some suggestions on this.

Thanks

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

This is a correct error message, unfortunately the multiple selection cannot use field greater than 45 characters length and you have 3 characteristics of 60 characters length.

You cannot do multiple selections using these 3 characteristics: DMA, STATE, REGION.

You may see these 3 characteristics shorter than 45 characters, but you have an ALPHA convertion routine in these 3 infoobjects, so for internal use, this 3 characteristics could be of 60 characters length.

I hope this can help you, if you have more doubts just let me know.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,Marin,

We have another client system for which we have no issues. This is a new client system and we are facing this issue.

Srinivas,

I have checked the settings in spro as suggested and it has a product length of 40 and this is a DP issue

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I think that your problem is not in your Product characteristic, I think that your problem is in other characteristic that has more than 45 character length.

You can go to Tcode /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN, select the planning object structure that correspond to this planning book click with the right button of your mouse and select Char. Combinations -> Display.

When you see your characteristic value combinations, click on internal format, now you can see the internal format, if you see a characteristic that has more than 45 characters, this characteristic is causing the error.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marin,

I tried your suggestion and I did not find any characterstic morethan 45 characters. I am facing this issue if I select either 9APPMNAME,STATE or Region

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Concerning with 9APPMNAME the note that Suresh show you may help. With STATE and REGION, do you need that these 2 characteristics have more than 45 characters length?

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marin,

For STATE and REGION we dont need more 45 characters and we dont have also but the issue exists.

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

If you don't need more than 45 characters in both characteristics, then go to Tcode RSD1 and change the length to something less than 45 characters.

You need to be careful with this, because when you change and infoobject all the information associated with it is affected.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marin,

I'll check whether I can make those modifications

Thanks

Sai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are there any spaces in the character values that you are trying to load? Can you also check your setting in SPRO under APO -> master data --> Product --> Specify Output Format of Product Number, for the product in case it is specified more than 40. (Strike out the leading zeroes there).

Also check how these characters look like in the DB table for the characters. Is this an SNP or a DP selection ID ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai -

Look at the following OSS note 820991, you have to apply the note to get this to work.

Regards,

Suresh Garg