cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible - page format and appearance of text ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

I have a requirement as follows :

1. If the format of the page is portrait for the form then text should appear in landscape format.

2. If the format of the page is landscape for the form then text should appear in portrait.

I think to me it is clear that form can be printed in portrait or landscape format but in this case text will also appear that way I mean if format is portrait that text also will be coming in portrait style and if format is landscape then text will come in landscape but this requirement is totally different. How is it be possible.

Thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

lets say I want to display "Vendor" for page orientation portrait and landscape but it should be displayed like this:

V

e

n

d

o

r

It heard someone saying move it to 90 degree to print the text like this, what is this 90 degree all about.

Thanks,

Mark

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to print text like this, only way to do is if you have this text in a image you can display the image.

Note: Rotate 90 degree cannot be done in SAPscripts

Its not possible to rotate the text. Other workaround is to display Single character on each line one below other.

For eg.

IF matnr size is 10 char

PR &watab-Matnr+0(1)& Provide a NEW LINE, then again

PR &watab-matnr+1(1)& Provide a NEW LINE, then again

PR &watab-Matnr+2(1)& and so on.

PR .... total 10 lines, place conditions like

if &watab-Matnr+2(1)& NE ' '

PS &watab-Matnr+2(1)&

ENDIF

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creating Page Formats

To define a new page format, choose Tools ® CCMS ® Spool ® Spool administration. Then choose Full administration and then Page formats on the DeviceTypes tab page. On the next screen choose Change and Create or Create with reference. Fill in the fields on the next screen.

Activating a New Page Format

Before using a new page format, you must specify it as a page format in an SAPscript form. Be careful when replacing a page format in a standard SAPscript form as the form may not necessarily fit on the new page format.

You also have to define a format and device type format for the new page format before you can use it.

Notes

· Every page format used by SAPscript must be defined using this function. In addition, note the following two requirements:

o AN SAP spool system format must exist for every page format used by SAPscript.

o The name of the page format must be identical to the name of the format.

SAP supplies predefined page formats and formats for all standard SAPscript forms.

· Do not change the dimensions or orientation in existing standard R/3 page formats. This may cause errors during printing of SAPscript forms.

· The page dimensions and orientation you specify in a page format do not directly affect a printer. That is, neither SAPscript nor the spool system automatically translates the specifications into escape sequences for initializing the printer.

Therefore, ensure that the orientation and dimensions you specify here agree with the orientation, margin settings, and other characteristics (if any) specified in the escape sequences for each device type format with which the page format is used.

regards,

srinivas

*reward for useful answers*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes sure please.

It is actually not the page format but the page orientation(sorry in my previous post I was talking about the page format.)

I mean if page orientation is portrait then in normal case text also appears in portrait format, but in required case text should be landscape.

And if page orientation is landscape then we may have the possibility so that text can be appeared in portrait format. It is like for portrait orientation of the page text should not be like appearing in horizental style but it should be vertical(This is what I mean to be landscape).

same case should be if page orientation is landscape. I am not able to attach the graphic file other wise I would have been more clearer about my question, but I still hope that you understand what I mean.

Thanks,

Mark

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In forms text cannnot be displayed in vertical line, that is as shown below

T

E

X

T

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate a little bit? I am confused by your requirements. How is text landscape verses portrait?

Davis