Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ale Custom filter group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to transfer cost centers via ALE. The issue is that the filter which I have to implement in the distribution model is based on company code (unlike controlling area which is the standard filter group for message type cosmas).

I searched a number of sites, but couldnt find much information on how to create custom filter groups in ale.

any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

I don't think you can do this.

We had to place validation code in the idoc create user exit to decide whether we needed to create the Idoc or not.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member

I don't think you can do this.

We had to place validation code in the idoc create user exit to decide whether we needed to create the Idoc or not.

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply. I heard that you can do some custom coding to achieve this. I am not able to find precise details of where to do the coding !!

I was just hoping someone had implemented this before..

anyways.. i appreciate your help.. ! thanks

0 Kudos

Hii Mridula..

In Your Scenario you have to Create a Filter Object type.

Find the Detailed Steps below.. You can implement The Same Example for Company code field...

<b>These are the Steps to Implement Data Filtering in ALE.</b>

<b>Filter Objects: These are the Fields based on which you define The Conditon.</b>

For eg: Matnr, Mtart...

1. Create a Filter Object (If it is not available for ur Requirement)

Tcode: BD59

New Entries:

ALE Filter Object type : MBRSH (Industry Sector)

Segment type : E1MARAM

Segment field : MBRSH

Save.

2. Link the ALE Filter Object type to the Table field in DDIC

Tcode: BD95

New Enries:

ALE Filter Object type : MBRSH (Industry Sector)

Table Name : MARA

Table field : MBRSH

Save

3. Creating Data filtering using this Filter Object type

Tcode: BD64.

Expand ur Model view.

Under the Message Type MATMAS

Double click on No Data filter / Data filter Active.

Create a Filter Group.

It will list out all the Filter Objects of the Message type:

(you should find the New filter Object type)

Double Click on the Filter Object type MBRSH .

Assign the Filter values

Save.

<b>REWARD POINTS IF HELPFUL</b>

0 Kudos

Hi Narayana ,

Thank you very much for your reply. I like to add a few things here that I did in addition to what you had written so that developers who are having the same problem, can find an answer easily.

These are the things I noticed:

1. I did all the steps you mentioned. As you said I was able to get the extra filter object in the filter group. However I was having some error when I tried to add values to that filter object.

Solution: In BD95, there is a table name which varies depending on your particular case. Add the value to this table first, only then you will be able to add it to ur filter object in the model.

2. You need to do BD59 and BD95 in the both sender and receiver systems because when I tried to distribute the changed model from sender to recx, there were no changes in the recx model. The extra filter object dint show up since we had made the changes exclusive for sender sys.

If the changes are made in both sys, this will work.

All right ! Thanks a lot for help !

paruchuri_nagesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

mridula u can create custom filter group in distribution modelveiew

go to t code BD64

select ur model view expand tree at last u can see filter set double click on that set the filters accordig to ur requirement

but this has to done before distributing model view

reward if u find use ful

regards

Nagesh.Paruchuri