Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORA-01119 when trying to create a repository

asgarali_mia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Could anyone please asssist. I get an error ORA-01119 when trying to create a repository. I hava an oracle 10.2.2 database and MDM server 5.5 SP05 patch level 2 all running on one UNIX (Solaris 10 server).

I am trying to crate a repository (TEST) using the clix command tool with oracle user SYSTEM. The clix tool reports an error: Unable to modify database.. The same error comes up when using the Console Tool (on windows). The Server*.xml log file shows the following:

<Trace ts="2007/08/23 13:06:52.339 GMT" tid="5" entry-no="323">Service &apos;MDD&apos;, Schema &apos;SYSTEM&apos;, ERROR CODE=1119 ||| ORA-01119: error in creating database file &apos;/A2I_myrep20_m000_Ix.DBF&apos;<LF/>ORA-27040: file create error, unable to create file<LF/>SVR4 Error: 13: Permission denied<LF/><LF/>Last CMD: CREATE TABLESPACE A2I_myrep20_m000_Ix DATAFILE &apos;/A2I_myrep20_m000_Ix.DBF&apos; SIZE 128K REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 256K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED DEFAULT STORAGE (INITIAL 32K NEXT 128K MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED PCTINCREASE 0)<LF/></Trace>

Does anyone have an idea on what this could be caused by and how one can resolve it.

This is the command used:

clix repoCreate <mdm host> TEST:<DBINST>:o:<USER>:<PASSWORD> port

Please assist

Kind Regards

Ronny Mabuza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ronny,

Error ORA-01119 indicates a problem creating a database file

Error ORA-27040 indicates a problem creating a file.

The last error in the chain is "13: Permission denied."

It looks like your Oracle server does not have the permission(s) necessary to create files needed by the new database. You might want to have your DBA/sysadmin find out where the DBMS is configured to store data files and whether it has the permissions necessary to create new files there.

Hope that helped,

Simon

asgarali_mia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Simon

Thanks for your response

My user did not have enough rights to connect to the oracle database. So I granted connect and create session and it worked.

Thanks

Regards

Ronny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i was also facing the same problem but u r facing this problem on UNIX operating system so i was on windows,

but as u have been told it shows the error ORA-01119 this problem is related to u r oracle database that means u r oracle database is not ready with its listeners and services to communicate with u r SAP product.

so please follow the link.

http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/oracle/ORA12545.htm

this site will tell u the error nature follow that and try to solve it. otherwise follow the installation guid for MDM server 5.5 SP05.

regards,

swapnil