cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is synchronous scenario possible with JDBC & JMS adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose,JDBC adapter is updating a table or deleting some entry from a table.Can we have an acknowledgement back that the work has been done successfully??

same qstn for JMS adapter also..

Suppose JMS adptr is communicating with any messaging system,can we have acknowledgement back?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

hi ,

you can achieve synchronous jdbc scenario,using AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean in module processor

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

only JDBC receiver adapter support sync behaviour other adapter wont support the same.

Try using standard modules or use ccBPM.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi smith

You can check following link for JDBC Syn Scenario.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/SOAP2JDBC/Page1.htm

Regards

Gagandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

The JDBC receiver can be used as synchronous but only when you use the SELECT query in receiver.For remaining it will not work for synchronous.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

If you are using a IDOC -> XI -> JMS scenario (async scenario) you just need to configure that you want Ack for the IDoc using IDX_NOALE report,

If The status of the Ack will be "ack not possible" it will mean that the adapter is finish the proccesing and that the message is un the JMS, The IDoc status in the sender system will be change to 39,

I don't know how it will work with sync scenario

Other status will tell you that the message failed somewhere,

I hope i helped you,

Best Regards,

Guza

Message was edited by:

liad aharoni

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Smith,

JDBC - Ofcourse you can. But I won't say it as an Acknowledgement rather I would say it as an response. If you update then it will give u the total count of the fields updated similarly for Delete too.

Sorry No idea on JMS.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jms Adapter supports Asynchronous scenarios only but If u want to use Synchronous then possible with Standard module beans :

For ex: JMS to Rfc synchronous scenario:

In id:

Sender jms adapter supports Asynchronous scenarios so we have to use standard module beans in Module tab.

Like :

AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean -> 0

CallSapAdapter

AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean -> 1

And Provide  values in configuration:

0 -> passThrough -> true

1 -> receiverChannel ->provide RECEIVER JMS adapter name ( have to create one more JMS receiver communication channel for responce )

1 -> receiverService ->provide receiver adapter service name (that is  provide sender business component because need response for sender )

jdbc adapter :

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/SOAP2JDBC/Page1.htm