cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound interface determination in file adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my scenario files with different schemas can be send to XI from the same directory using the file adapter (so each file has a different interface that must be mapped etc.).

I cannot add multiple interfaces to the file adapter in sender agreement and determine the outbound interface by some condition. Interface must not be "*".

I thought about creating multiple file adapters (all listening to the same directory) and sender agreements. Each adapter is listenig to specific file type only (e.g. *.yxz, *.abc). So before putting the files to the input directory the file extension must be changed so that only the right adapter reads the file and XI gets the right interface.

Is there abetter way to do this???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Check this blog it may help:

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Prasanthi: The blog is about including or excluding files based on their name. All polled files have the same interface (in the blog called I1). But I need all files! Files for I2 must be polled to from that directory, too! I think that I need a second adapter with another include/exclude condition to get these files... I hoped there would be another way

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think i misunderstud the scenario ealier.

If there isnt any dependency amongst the messages, then BPM is not required. U have to use separate sender agreement. Same communication channel could be used if u use dynamic filenames.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Prateek: A communication channel based on a file adapter can only be used in one sender agreement!

Former Member
0 Kudos

These blogs will be usefull i guess..

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/17/bridging-the-sync-async-bridge-with-fork-xi

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2006/09/07/using-a-bpm-to-collect-messages-for-a-set-interval-of-time

Reward points if usefull........

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use BPM. Ur scenario is N:1. U cant avoid BPM

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it's 1:1 because each file generates e.g. one RFC call. Depending on the file that comes to XI another mapping must be done and another BAPI is called, but all files come from the same directory...