cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What tech. do I need just to generate PDFs based on ABAP function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have mySAP ERP 2005 and Enterprise Portal 7. Until know we offered employees (in the portal) to print some "reports" such as travel data and payslip. We used the functionality to convert a spool job into a PDF in this case.

Now, we want to migrate to a more advanced way of generating the PDFs with the following advantages:

- template based design, better maintenance thus

- richer formatting

- option for integrating graphics

Our current technology is hard to maintain (mostly write() based reports...).

We do NOT want interactive forms as discussed here - but is it the same technology to use? I heard that you need a dedicated Adobe server for this and far as I know we just have a more or less default installation of mySAP ERP 2005 plus EP7 (so adding servers or other modifications e.g. opening new network ports should be avoided...).

When developing new PDFs, I want to go shure that we are using an up-to-date technology. I do not know if perhaps we should vote for Smartforms?

Instead of ABAP report we have function modules, so the technology should be able to call them in any way (directly, RFC or even JCo).

Thanks for any advice, regards,

Timo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes the SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe is the way to go, also in case of print forms.

The ADS can run on your existing J2EE engine, as long as it is installed on a plattform, what is released for ADS. http://service.sap.com/PAM

Kind regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dezso,

thank you for sorting this out! It is sometimes hard to get to know "legacy" stuff from newer ones. Great!

Thank you and kind regards,

Timo

Answers (0)