cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bapi not returning data in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to fetch data from R/3 system to webdynpro Table using Bapi at R3 Side and Jco as connector. On Testing Bapi, Bapi works fine and returns data. I did the required coding and mapping and web dynpro but it doesn't return any data or exception. Has anybody faced same problem?

I checked binding data to input, execute command, invalidate, mapping with UI elements everything. Some other Bapi's from same system are working fine and giving output in webdynpro.

What can be possible problem ?

Please help

Rgds

Mehul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try...

Debugging BAPI

Test connection in JCo's

Write some hardcode in controller and call that method in a view see what type of exception your getting.

check context binding between view & conroller

Finally

Debugging Java side

i hope...you will identify the issue

Regards

RG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The username and the password which u had given while importing model in webdynpro same as while you set the breakpoint .

Regards

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

Try to activate debugging on R/3 system. Check if it is accepting the input values from webdynpro and returning the desired result.

Check the output values of the Bapi by displaying it on the screen using message manager .if it is returning then it must be problem with your binding .

Regards

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshaya,

If I put break point in SAP R3, How would I know from portal side that it is accepting values or not. its an urgent issue and i would be very greatful if u can give me ur cell no so that we can get immediate solution .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

U can run ur application as standalone application.Go to r/3 tcode se37.put an external breakpoint over there & run ur application.Check whether its successfull or not.If u r not getting exception,check the message returned by bapi itself.It will be available in output node.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

do u mean to check the bapi? i checked the bapi and its giving correct output but the issue is that the output which i get in bapi when i run it through se37 is not coming in portal.

Hi Akshaya,

how do i check the inputs from webdynpro in R3 debuging? Can you please provide some steps.

Thanks

Rgds,

Mehul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have user id in R/3 system.

Go to the function module and set external break point .

Now run the application. Now when the webdynpro calls this bapi ,it stops on R/3 system where the breakpoint is set.

Now on the source code,double click on the input variables ,on the right side the values would be displayed .Go step by step to check for all the values.

Regards

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have user id in R3 system , i set external breakpoint in the r/3 code and then executed the portal program but my bapi in in r/3 system is not goin in debug mode hence i cant check for the variables can you please tell me the reason for it.