cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had payment terms in company code data and i didnt maintain in billing tab page of sales area data in XD02. SO now will the system reads the payment terms from the company code data or not?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Yes it will consider the payment terms which you maintained in Company Code Data, if you dont maintian in Billing Tab of Sales Area Data.

Always first preference goes to Customer Sales Area Data -> Billing Tab.

But if you dont maintaine, and you maintained in Company code Data, then definetlay it will consider for all the customers who are maintained in that company code.

Hope this gives you some idea.

REWARD IF HELPFUL.

Regards,

Praveen

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You have to enter the paument terms in the customer master data - sales area data - billing screen. For sale purpose the system refers payment terms from the Customer master data which flows from sales order to billing document.

The payment terms mentioned in the company code will be used for accounting.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer your question,

Payment terms can be entered into the company code segment, sales area segment, and purchasing segments of a customer / vendor master record.

which payment terms r defaulted when posting an invoice depends on where the invoice is created: If inv created in FI(such as fb70 invoice in fi) then payment terms from company code r defaulted

If inv created in SD, then pym terms from Sales area segment r defaulted

If a vendor inv is created in MM then from purchasing segment r defaulted.

u should ensure that entries in the sales area and company code segment and puchasing segment r identical

hope i answered ur question right,please let me know if iam wrong

Message was edited by:

varada rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What Priyanka has stated is correct.

Payment terms will not flow to sales order until and unless it is maintained in the billing tab page of the Sales area data.

The data maintained in the CCD will only be considered for FI accounting purpose.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

The Payment Terms maintained in Company Code data is for accounting purpose and not for sales purpose. It is used by FI people. This will not flow in sales order.

To get the payment terms in sales order we need to maintain that in Billing tab of Sales Area data of Customer Master.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Priyanka Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

In your case, since you maintain the payment terms in only company code data --payment transactions tab page, and not in the billing tab page of sales area data, hence the system will consider this Payment term for this customer in all the Transactions in this particular company code, irrespective of the Sales area in which you are carrying out the transactions.

The advantage of maintaining the Payment terms in the Billing tab page is that, you can maintain separate payment terms for separate Sales areas. Normally there are more than one sales area under a company code. Hence that becomes convenient.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

When U r creating sales order for specific sales area, the payment terms U maintained in Sales area data of Customer master record get preference over the payment terms u maintained in company code data. The payment terms in company code data is of related to the FI.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per me it wont unless until u specify in Customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sheshagiri,

I had specified in the c ustomer master compnay code data, but not in billing tab page of sales area data in XD02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

No it wont get

you have to specify in CMD sales area shipping tab page