cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM Landscape implications!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have setup CHARM and have D11(DEV) , D12(DEV2) , Q11(Q11) M11(maint) , P11(PRD) satellite systems added in SMSY and generated RFC's and created Logical components.now i created a maintenece project and wanna add these logical components. But i am struck with few doubts

My STMS of Satellite system involve all the above 5 systems, but in Help.SAP.Com i read only one development should be there for one production in Charm landscape of a project.

1.so shud i only have one dev one quality and one prd systems and configure the stms???

2.but i need all the systems to be in the STMS ,is it compliant with CHARM

3.if i remove the D12 and M11 form STMS, how to transport the Changes to these system Bcos we need allthe systems shud be in Sync

rgds,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

To my knowledge, ChaRM does not have support for parallel development in a single productive environment. You would want to add this support by adopting a product such as Automate!Change by Newmerix (www.newmerix.com). There are white papers available on the website that describe this scenario.

Regards,

Tad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

What is D11 and M11 actually used for ?? Can you share some more information on the systems usage as per their roles ? what do you do with these systems ?

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

D11-development system 1

D12-development system 1

M11-Maintenance system

D11- developments are made in D12 is synchronised with D11 for safeside

M11 maintenence system which is used for testing again though tested in Q11.

rgds,

rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

any replies please

rgds,

rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

For multiple quality and production system,in the transport route define these systems in parallel with the actual systems.Once a TP is imported to one quality system you can use a report /TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_TEST to import the request to parallel test systems and for parallel prodcution system you can use the report TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_UC.

But for parallel development system,if you need to synchronize,that has to be done manually.

Hope this is helpfull,

Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI avinash,

can u pls be in detail abt my 3 queries asked above.and before i run these reports in solution manager.shud i include all the fivesystems in the project i.e.solar_project_admin>system landscape>systems TAB,then there wil be two development and and quality systems wil this be compliant with CHARM

rgds,

Rajesh