cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgradation of version 4.6 to unicode enable 6.0ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, provide me steps to determine is the given object is unicode enable or not.

stapes to convert them into unicode system (specially table,domains,data elements) and focus errors after conversion while executing the programs.

please provide me this information ,I am new in this technology.

thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either the full system is a Non-Unicode system or it is a Unicode system, there´s nothing like, "this object is already converted and this not".

A Unicode conversion is a full export of your source database using R3load (NOT database tools) and a re-import of that export into a Unicode database.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

its already converted into unicode , but we have to make object compatible with version,so please.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I don´t get your problem.

What do you mean with "make object compatible with version"? If the system is already converted, what do you need to "make compatible"? Compatible with what?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

some of the objects are not converted into unicode compatible.so to find them and convert them is a problem, now can u give me ur valuable advice.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you did an export and an import, then all objects (where objects are tables, pools etc.) are Unicode.

Which object (give me an example) do you think is not converted to Unicode?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

some tables , data elements and some user customize tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

some tables.....

is not possible.

either the complete database content is unicode or non unicode but never mixed.

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just started upgrade from 4.6C to ECC 6. Can you please forward the documents that you have? I shall also share the documents during the upgrade, issues we faced etc which would help all our practitioners.

gajanan.jawalekar@tcs.com

regards,

Gajanan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mainly happens in two steps:

1. Upgrade your ABAP Server from 4.6 to ECC6. result is a non unicode ECC6.

2. Migrate your non unicode ECC6 to unicode ECC6, which is technical some kind of export/import of the complete database using R3load including the data conversion to the unicode characterset.

that's it.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your valuable information

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just started upgrade from 4.6C to ECC 6. Can you please forward the documents that you have? I shall also share the documents during the upgrade, issues we faced etc which would help all our practitioners.

gajanan.jawalekar@tcs.com

regards,

Gajanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, but the only source for upgrade documentation I can recommend is http://service.sap.com.

peter