cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to replicate Dynpro screen features in WebDynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working with a client who want to build an ABAP WebDynpo version of an existing transaction. Their live system is 4.7; the AWD application will run in an ECC6 system and use RFCs to get and save data. They want to use the new version in their portal, linking to other 3rd party apps, and they want to improve the screen design. However they don't want to lose features that they already have, and this is where I could use some advice...

Parameter IDs

Currently the users like having fields pre-populated with the values they previously entered, with the use of PIDs. There doesn't seem to be a direct equivalent of PIDs in Webdynpro. I've added functionality in my code to get and set the PIDs in our ECC6 system. It does this successfully for the duration of the Webdynpro app. However if you finish with the app and then restart it, the values are lost. Unlike in SAP GUI where the values are retained so long as the user remains logged into the system. Can anyone suggest a way to get PIDs working properly, so the values are retained for as long as the user is logged into ECC6?

Recently Entered Values

Similarly, the users get a drop-down list of recently entered values for SAP GUI screen fields. Is it possible to provide this kind of functionality on the SAP portal? Or is it possible to set something up on the browser to auto-complete portal fields?

Search helps

Because the data is in a different system, I need to call an RFC to get values for F4 help. I've successfully done this for one field using an OVS. However this seems rather time-consuming to program, and there's no simple way to offer the user several different ways to select, as with search helps. The search help definitions exist in both systems. Can anyone suggest a simpler way to add a search help to a field, whilst getting the data from a different system?

Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks, Roger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

roger_sainsbury
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Okay I've found a way to use BAPI_HELPVALUES_GET, by creating an entry SWO1 and making my RFC look like a BAPI that way.

The problem I have now is that the output from the HELPVALUES BAPI is not compatible with the format expected within search help user exit. There's a function to a map data to the required function - F4UT_RESULTS_MAP. However this maps a table of data that has a DDIC structure, whereas I'm trying to build something dynamic. If anyone can suggest anything, please let me know!

thanks, Roger

roger_sainsbury
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

Neha - just to explain, yes I can attach ECC6 search helps to the attributes, but the problem is that the data I need to access is in a separate 4.7 system.

Sergio - good advice regarding the PIDs. So I'm using some generic code to set and get PIDs for any give data structure. The difference now is that I'm using BAPI_USER_CHANGE to save them against the user in ECC6.

Recently entered values - okay I'm glad it's not just me having a problem! If anyone else knows a way to provide this functionality, please let us know!

Search helps - Sergio's idea makes a lot of sense. By using search helps rather than an OVS, the screen logic is taken care of and I can have more than one attached to a field. I just need to investigate calling an RFC within a search help exit.

Ideally I need a generic RFC function, that will run a given search help remotely and then report back the results without any user dialog. I was looking at BAPI_HELPVALUES_GET. Unfortunately I'm posting orders in IS-MEDIA and there are no BAPIs, only function modules. BAPI_HELPVALUES_GET will only work with BAPI parameters. Can anyone suggest a suitable alternative?

cheers, Roger

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger, interesting issues...

1. Parameter IDs: I update the parameter IDs in USR05 via the right BAPI

2. Recently Entered Values: No way !. I'm waiting for a solution too

3. Search helps: I heard about a great RFC Search Help. Try asking it to SAP. Instead of OVS I'd investigate in Search Help exits (in SE11 you can define exit to fill search helps) where you could write the code that connect via RFC to the backend. In this case you have to create new Search Help in the ECC6.0.

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roger,

I am not sure about PIDs and Recent values, but in case of Search Helps, what I could make out is that you already have search helps for your fields. In such a case, you can directly put in the name of the Search Help in the <i>Input Help Mode</i> property for the respective attribute in the context. You can select Dictionary Search Help here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neha