cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create purchase order automatically from Sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have ticked Create purchase order automatically check box in item category TAS and TAB but still not able to generate Purchase Order automatically.???

any clue.

thanks/ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

my Organisation is not having ALE so can not have direct PO creation when sales order saved.

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

Based on Item category gruop -Hence Item category & Scedule line category you can create automatic PR No (NOT PO) in sales order....

There is only way to acheive this is there is a setup for ALE Data for Purchase order, under which you need to define the Purchasing Organisation.This is very imp for the PO to get triggered.

IF No ALE No Automatic PO Generation will be possible...

REWARD IF U FINDS THIS AS USEFUL..

REgds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you proceed with any of the settings, please check the setup of your sales organisation ( Define Sales org), there is a setup for ALE Data for Purchase order, under which you need to define the Purchasing Organisation.This is very imp for the PO to get triggered.

Once this done, please check whether the source list and the Purchase info record are maintained correctly. After this, please create a sales order and you will have the PO automatically created.

Hoep this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to have your prerequisites in place for the automated creation of the purchase requisition before the purchase order can be raised:

You may already have done this, but check that your material has the purchasing information on it (trxn MM02, purchasing tab), that a purchasing information record exists for that material and vendor in that purchasing org (trxn ME12), check that a source list exists as well (trxn ME02). If you have created the source list or purchasing info record after the sales order has been created then you will need to go into trxn ME56 to assign them manually. That should release the PO to be created.

In standard 3rd party, the PO is created using ME59 (prog RM06BB20), which can be run as a batch job.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashutosh,

as Priyanka has already written to you, you have to activate the flag "Create PO Automatic" in Customizing of item category (transaction VOV7). Please use as an example the item category ALES in the standard system. Then PR and PO will be created both during saving the sales order.

Of course, other third-party settings should be done as in the normal third-party process, too.

I hope, this info helps you a little bit further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashutosh,

In standard settings PO from sales order can not be created you have to go through PR only and it is preferable as well.

regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

It is not possible to generate a purchase order directly from a sales order.

A purchase order is generated only on the basis of a Purchase requisition which is triggered from the schedule line category level.

And more over, generating a purchase order is the job of MM department depending on the requisition they receive.

<b>Reward points if helpful</b>

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh,

When you activate the control of create PO automatic in item category, the system will create PR and PO automatically in background when saving the sales order but only in case of ALE or when you are working on a distributed system.

In normal scenario, we assign PR order type tour schedule lines and when we save the sales order the PR gets created automatically in background. Then we can create PO using transaction ME21N with reference to PR.

Hope it helps you.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Priyanka Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Priyanka

but my requirement is to make PO aiutomatically in background directly when saving the sales order.

config please.

thans and regards/ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh,

For creating automatic PO and PR you need to use item category ALES. In this item category, the control for creating automatic PO is already ticked.

You have to follow the same steps of Third Party Sales only difference is the item category.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Priyanka Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashutosh,

The control to create the purchase requisition for Third Party Sales Order is in the Schedule Line Category (CS). You can find fields Order Type, Item Category and Account Assignment Group which tells the system a purchase requisition has to be created.

Hope this will resolve ur issue.

rewards if it helps

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you use TAS or TAB, only purchase requistion will be created, not purchase order.

Based on the purchase Req. you create Purchase order.

Reward if it helps

Regards

Prasanna R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U will get the purchase order requisition number from the sales order in change mode that is the t code va02 in the schedule line tab then

get the number and u can create the purchase order manually

the purpose of the check in the item category is that the po is created through a purchase order requisiton whcih is created automatically without the tcode me57n

Thanks

reward points if needful

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

As per my understanding we can create purchase requisition automatically we have to assign that PR to purchase order in ME57 or ME58.

I hope u know we can get the purchase requisiton from schedule lines of sales order

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes that i know but now i want to generate automatically PO from Sales order.

is that possible and how?

thanks and regards/ashu