cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Pre-defined roles available for Customizing Synchronization?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

In the SAP Help for Solution Manager: <<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/48/647e3ddf01910fe10000000a114084/content.htm>>

it's mentioned that certain authorizations needs to be given for the involved people (admin & customizer), in both the SOLMAN & the component systems.

Also, its said that the role Application Consultant has all authorizations which are needed to set-up the Customizing Distribution in the SAP Solution Manager system & the authorization profile S_CUS_CMP can be used in the component systems.

But the AC role "SAP_SOL_AC_COMP" & "S_CUS_CMP" profile donot have all the necessary authorizations specified.

E.g: Role SAP_SOL_AC_COMP doesnot have project creation authority, whereas S_CUS_CMP has only some authorizations.

So my question is:

Along with these two, are there any other roles/profiles which complete the gaps & are readily available for usage ?

Last option would be to manually create & include the mentioned auth. objects.

Thanks & Regards

Chaitu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DoreenBaseler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Chaitu,

There are no specific roles dedicated to solely Customizing Distribution. You need to have additional project creation authorization which is contained in role SAP_SOL_PM_COMP. AC should not be able to create projects, just to work in projects (blueprint, configuration, testing etc.). Part of this PM (= project manager) composite role is

SAP_SOL_PROJ_ADMIN_ALL containing authorizations to all solar_project_admin relevant functionality. So if you don't want to assign the composite role, you might want to use this single role which includes S_PROJECTS, S_PROJECT as a reference.

S_CUS_CMP is a profil which is only used for customizing comparison (key word: Customizing Scout) - so it does not help you in setting up projects or the distribution model in SCDT_SETUP. Additional information on <i>Profiles of background users during the RFC</i> you find in the respective note 831535.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Doreen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dorren.....

I have 2 more questions:

1)

For the "Customizer" user (in the Solution Manager system) itself, I have created a z-role & added the auth objects mentioned in the help:

S_CD_SYNC, S_TABU_RFC, S_TABU_DIS, S_TABU_CLI.

But i think just these are not enough to be able to work in the system....We need to add lot of basic authorizations also....like

- access to all necessary Tcodes for Customization (SPRO/SE16/SM30....etc)

- basic minimum display access needed to work in the system

- access to Tcodes like SU53...etc

So is there any standard role which addresses all these ?

(maybe a role for a customizer)

2) Is there any document (apart from SAP Help) available for setting up Customizing Distribution ?

Thanks & Regards

Chaitu

DoreenBaseler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Chait,

Regarding your two questions:

1) There are seperate roles available for customizing purposes, please check note 803142 <i>Roles for satellite systems</i>. The note administration list an xls with the respective roles for customizing distribution and comparison, namely

SAP_BC_CUS_ADMIN

SAP_BC_CUS_CUSTOMIZER

S_CUS_CMP

2) What I can recommend is the quick reference for setting up Customizing Distribution which is also part of the help documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/c4/533d4050d89523e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Doreen

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Thanks.....Even though these roles donot exactly match my requirements, yes they provide some inputs which should be enough for me.

2) I was aware of this. Will try to use this itself, as i cant find anything else.

Thanks for your help,

Chaitu

Answers (0)