cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outbound Delivery Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are planning to integrate a 3PL partner.

The idea is to send him DELVRY03 Idocs out of SAP for the deliveries he has to ship, and he also sends us a DELVRY03 back to confirm the picking and to enable us to post the GI on that delivery.

I'm still unsure if this is the correct because we work with batch managed parts, but leave it to our partner which batches to ship. This means, we initially send him a delivery with e.g. only 1 line item, and need to get back the same delivery including multiple batch split line items.

Does that work with the intended approach? I want to stick with standard processing as much as possible without coding a lot of functionality in UserExits.

If someone of you guys does have some experience on such a process, I hope I can get some advice if the Idoc I picked is correct or if I do need another one for my process.

Thanks in advance,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Use a DELVRY03 idoc and SHPORD message type out to 3PL transformed to an EDI 940. Get a EDI 945 back from 3PL and transform into a DELVRY03 idoc and SHPCON message type back into R/3.

Not sure about batch numbers, but check f/m IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY and see if batch is used from one of the idoc segments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

We do something similar to this. We use a DESADV01 Idoc with message type DESADV. We translate it into an EDI 204 outbound (if you are sending the IDOC directly, there is no need to translate it) and sent it to the 3PL. You may want to take a look at this Idoc and see if it fits your needs better.

On the inbound side from the 3PL, we receive an EDI 212, which we use to update the shipment. This is done using a custom ABAP script - not an Idoc.

Good Luck,

Aaron

Points are appreciated