cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany invoice not getting created in third party processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus !

I am facing a problem in creating the intercompany invoice in case of third party order processing.

In our organisation , for any type of sale two billing documents are creared :

1) Commercial Invoice under the co. code for which sales org. is maintained at the sales order bookin level .

2) Intercompany Invoice under the co. code in which plant is maintained which is used at the sales order level as delivering plant.

So, as per the configuration req. for third party processing , i have created Sales order ( with automatic Purchase requistion generated ) , Purchase order creation with reference to the Purchase requisition , goods reciept ( MIGO ) and invoice reciept ( MIRO ) , then billing doc. or commercial invoice ( VF01 ) with the generation of accounting document and finally the intercompany invoice ( VF01 ) .

But i am facing the problem in final stage , that is , intercompany invoice creation .

Error Message : No open billing quantity has been determined .

I have checked the copy control for sales order to intercompany invoice and still not able to resolve it .

Please reply which setting needs to be done for this .

Awaiting your response , that what copy control settings is required .

Thanks .....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can you create an Commercial Invoice with SAP Business One 2005A ? We would like to do it ? But we don't find anything about it. Can you help us ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

first of all this is not third party processing becuase in third party processing u use a vendor but not a plant ok the above scenario which u have mentioned is not clear...

first if u dont have stock in ur plant then u do inter company stock transfer ok

here va01 in this at line item u need to change the plant ( tht is it shld be the delevring plant).

example receving/ordereing supllying

1000 2000

in order va1 created for sales area 1000 u need to assing delevering plant 2000 manually .

then dio the delivery do pgi and raise a inovice now again do the billing with again the same delivery number then u wld get the inter comp invoice. ok..if the inter co settings r true in ur customization.

-

the second sceranrio stock transfer bewten plants ok

here u dnt have stock in 1000 and ur getting from 2000 ok

then create a me21n ordertype ub stck transfer then it will ask u fro suplying plant 2000.

then in line ite level give receving plant 1000

then save the po then goto vl10b n create a del by selecting purchase order tabs and givin the po number

then go to vl02n enter the delvry document num( it wnt b displyd automaticaly) and dot he picking ang pgi then go

to MIGO recive the goods with refer to po. then process .vf01 , n inter comp inovice

ok

hoipe this hepls u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Pl.clarify under which co.code the material is procured , if it is the delivering plant which is procuring the material from the third party, then it is the case oof third party scenario for that co.code and not the sales org of sales order entry level company code.

In this case the process of ur sales order entry level co. code will have the usual billing only. no third party intervention.

in other case if the sales order entry level company is procuring and suppying, then there is no intercompany scenario.

I hope this is clear.

Regards

Mahesh

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in third party processing why inter company process.create vendor master record and assign to plant

or

incase of inter company why we need to maintain tas,

you can maintain tan only, change plant

either one you have to use

correct if i am wrong..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Buddi / Mahesh / Kiran ,

It ' s good to see all of your opinion . But my problem has not been resolved .

I am implementing third party processing in my organisation , where the customer is an export customer ( outside India ) . Hence , this is a merchant export .

All the configurations / Customisations have been done for this process .

The process is running fine till commercial invoice , but the problem is in intercompany billing doc. creation.

I am again repeating - Error message : No open billing quantity has been determined.

Explanation of the process :

1) The order has been booked with item category TAS alongwith the item cat. group as BANS for the material used in the order .

2) The sales area is 1020 / 30 / 35 . Here , 1020 is sales org . under company code 0079 , 30 is export's distribution channel and 35 is the division for components .

3) The delivering plant used in the sales order is 1009 which is under co. code 0077. The price / condition record maintained for this material is in USD / EUR as it is a case of merchant export .

4) The purchase requisition is generated automatically when the order is saved . It can be seen at VA02 - > Item details - > Schedule Lines .

5) With the help of this PR no. , i have created a purchase order for vendor which is maintained under co. code 0077 asking for material in plant 1009 which we need to export / supply to the customer.

6) The value of material per piece in the P.O. is coming from the material master record -> Accounting 1 view - > Moving av. Price .

7) Now, the Purchase order is saved . With the help of this P.O. no. , goods reciept ( MIGO )is done .

😎 After MIGO , Invoice reciept or MIRO is done under company code 0077.

9) After MIRO , customer ' s invoice is created through VF01 .

Remember : This is an order relevant billing , no delivery or PGI will happen here because the material is not coming into the plant 1009 .

10)The billing document ( order - related billing doc.) is created and the accounting document is also created under co. code 0079 in USD .

Till this stage , everything is running successfully as per business requirement , but i am facing the problem in the final stage , that is creation of intercompany invoice under co. code 0077 which is in INR .

In all other sales document types used in our industry , the process is same , that is : a) Sales order creation b) Delivery and PGI c) Billing doc. creation with accounting doc. under co. code 0079 and finally d) Intercompany invoice with accounting doc. under co. code 0077 and excise invoice creation with reference to intercompany invoice.

In the above, problem is not there becuase orde is delivery relevant , hence copy control is maintained for interco. billing to delivery type.

But in the new process , that is , third party processing , sales order relevant billing is done . so i suppose there will be a copy control for intercompany billing and sales doc. type , but i am not able to resolve it .

Hence , please understand the process before suggesting .

Thanks and awaits reply........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try OSS note no 63459. It is applicable till release 46. I am not sure which release you are on but this would give you some ideas.

Regards