cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Settings for Lifecycle planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to maintain the basic settings of Life Cycle Planning to use Like Profile

Transaction: /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST1 - Lifecycle Planning

My question is; is it a must to use 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO characteristics in our POS?

I have seen the sentence below in OSS note: 354660

**If you are using a characteristic for a product and do not want to use the 9AMATNR characteristic, you must specify the characteristic you would like to use.The 9AMATNR characteristic must exist in the planning object structure if you want to use it as a characteristic for a product.Only then can a LIKE profile be used.In this regard, see the information on the /SAPAPO/FCST_LIKE user parameter in note 350065.**

What I understand from this sentence is that 9AMATNR is not an obligatory characteristic to use in POS for the purpose of life cycle planning.

However when I do not use 9AMATNR I receive such an error message during the maintenance of Basic Settings for Life Cycle Planning.

*Errors have been found in your Customizing settings

*For detailed information, see consulting note #354660

*The basic settings cannot be saved

*Characteristic for product 9AMATNR is not in the planning object structur

So, does anybody know if is it a MUST to keep the 9AMATNR in the POS for lifecycle planning? May be I am doing wrong something else...

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there...Yes i guess a product is mandatoy whether it's 9AMATNR or a Z characteristic for product...without a product like profile wouldn't even work 'cause ultimately you are modelling a product based on another productsdemand behaviour.

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I couldn't get your point. I was trying to understand; in my current POS (Planning Object Structure) I am not using 9AMATNR as a characteristic. In this case I am not sure if I can maintain LifeCycle Planning, the system does not allow. Is it obligatory to use 9AMATNR characteristic in my POS to use lifecycle planning?

Thankd

Former Member
0 Kudos

In DP, its not necessary to have 9AMATNR as default for products..u can have for ex Z_PRODUCT as your product characteristics. As far as i know ,u need to give this product characteristic whether its 9AMATNR or Z_PRODUCT for lifecycle planning. Include it in your POS and give it a shot and let us know if it works!

Thanks!

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ergul,

Please try the following and check.

Goto the Planning Object Structure (from transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN) in change mode. In the Configure PLanning Object Structure screen use the menu path Edit >> Assign Production / Location and add your Z characteristic for Product (if you are not using 9AMATNR).

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sommath,

It helped....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Somnath,

that was really helpful.

regards,

Sanju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Your solution has answered his problem, but could you kindly let me know the logic for assigning Product / Location in MPOS and how did it resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Sanju

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While in DP MPOS you are free to choose custom characteristics for location and product, there are certain DP functionalities like Promotion Planning which normally uses 9AMATNR as characteristic for Product. In such cases the DP MPOS in absence of 9AMATNR has an issue. Through this assignment of location and product in the MPOS, system knows the custom characteristic that needs to be mapped to 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO for product and location.

This is useful during release from DP to SNP also.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

somnath