Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use gssntlm with cross domain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are running on SAP 4.7E system on Windows 2003 which is not attached into the Active Directory and the users are working on Windows XP clients. All the users are authenticated on Active Directory while logging on to the Windows. Consequently, the users and the SAP system is located on different domains. We would like to use SSO on SAPGUI. I succesfully configured SSO when the users and the SAP system is located in same domain with NTLM protocol. I would like to ask that can I use NTLM or Kerberos under cross domain?

Secondly, can we use SSO with Kerberos under cross domain, between SAP system on UNIX and Windows clients. Do we need 3rd party solutions?

Anybody has a suggestion about it. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Orkun,

If your Windows server running SAP is not connected to a domain then you cannot use NTLM or Kerberos libraries provided by SAP, but you can use the products provided by CyberSafe instead. These products are also supported on UNIX and/or Linux systems so it is easy to implement Kerberos based SSO in a heterogeneous landscape. As I have mentioned already, if you want to discuss this with me, please feel free to contact me using the email address in my SDN business card.

Thanks again,

Tim