cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeater Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am retreiving 10 records from mysql database as an xml object.I want to display all these records using repeater using xacute query.

Please let me know the procedure for this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkata,

I hope that your current attempts to learn xMII on your own and through the SDN forum are not coming at the expense of a customer. It would very beneficial for you to look into attending a formal training class.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos

hi,

please have a look whether you have the selected the 'output parameter' checkbox, while creating the transaction variable.

thanks

karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the output but when i try using repeaters for looking for a particular record how should I proceede.

Help me out.

Thx

supriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as i posted u how to use repeaters in the above posts just add a generic sort filter which will be in xml function tab in the source give the out of the repeater and in the filter column give the field name and then in the value field give the record u want,

the output will be filtered according to ur need,

hope it will be helpful,

reply me if it works

regards,

shyam

0 Kudos

hi,

here you are getting 10 records from the sql query and you want to output the 10 records then it is not necessary to use BLS.if u want to use the BLS then there is no need to use repeater here,because the repeater is used in cases where

you want to filter certain records...here are the steps..

1.configure the sql query template you created to the sql action block.

2.create a transaction variable(say output) of data type XML.

3.assign the output of the sqlaction block to the transaction variable.

4.save the transaction and in query template select xacute query and select the transaction you saved and select that variable(output) and click test.

i think this will help you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you want to use repeater?

Create a output transaction property of xml type and link your sql query action output to this out put.

There is no need to use repeater unless you are doing some specific calculations.

Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I have used the xml document and rowset as well and linked as follow --

in incmoing tab, mapped the xml results from query to xml document and in outgoing tab mapped the xml results from xml document to the transaction's xml output variable created.

Plz let me know if this is the correct procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The output of SQL query output itself gives you the xMII XML output format. So there is no need of using XML document action block.

1. SQL auery action block. Configure your query template.

2. In the outgoing tabl of query block link query results to transaction output property of type xml.

It will give you the result.

And my suggestion is when you are not doing any specific calculation, better directly use your SQL query templates itself.

Still you want to use XML document with the usage of repeater, know the usage of those.

XML document is used to format some xml documents to xMII XML format. Reater is used to Go throguh each row of your result.

Approach:

Remove your rowset action block check the transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I am very new to xMII as i worked before on webdynpro java. I followed the two steps specified and still i am not getting the result.

1. I created a sql query action block and cogifured query template.

2. created an output variable as xml type for the transaction.

3. In the outgoing tab of query block mapped the query xm results to transaction output property.Nothing done in the incoming tab.

3. Using xacute query exceuting this transaction and i am not required output.

Please help me and let me know how to get awareness of xmii logic editor.

Thx

supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if u dont want to use repeater the steps u specified should give u the result

regards,

shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check the query is working fine or not. Test and see the result.

1. While configuring check xml is generated perfectly.

2. go to the link editor . in the outgoing tab, link query results with the transction output property of xml type.

3. Make sure that output check box is checked for transaction property.

4. Execute the transaction and check every thing goes fine and check the timing also.

5.In a xacute query call this transction and mention the output name exactly.( replace the * with the trasaction output name)

Still you are not able the result.

Add one more xml saver action block.( under web)

Configuration: Mection some thing like C:\test.xml

In the incoming tab of xml saver action block link the query results.

Left side: SQL query results and right side: XML content f xml saver.

Now execute the query and check the xml.

Then in the left side instead of SAL Query reults select Trransaction output property.

Now check the xml.

Hope it will help you track the error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it can be done using business logic transaction,

1.while u create a sql query from the query templete in the tab general there will be a text box call row count by default it will be as 100 reduce it to 10, u will get only ten records.

2.now go to business logic transaction and add an sql action block and configure it to the query which u have created

3.add a repeated and link the input of the repeated to the output of the query action block

4.save the transaction and test it using the xcute query

regards,

shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

I am following the same steps and i am not getting balnk page when i test the xacute query.

So can plz give more explaination on step number 3 to confirm the steps to do.

Thx

supriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi supriya,

first create a output parameter in the transaction->properties it will be found in the tools bar

1.once u start ur logic editor add and sql action block and configure the qurey templete u have created

2.add a document action bloch it will be found in the xMII xML output tab,configure it by entering the fields which is present in the query, add all the fields and click ok

3.now add a repeater and <b>configure</b> it to the output of the doucment

4.from the input of the repeater link to the out put of the query,

5.add a row action block it will also be found in the xMII xML output tab, <b>configure</b> it to the output of the document

6.link the output of the row to the output parameter (what u have created in the transaction->properties)

7.save it and xcute it

regards

shyam